We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from SeaTac to vancouver, BC

Marathon, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation from SeaTac to vancouver, BC

We arrive at SeaTac at 11:30 AM on Feb 18. What are the best ways to get from there to vancouver, BC?

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from SeaTac to vancouver, BC

Using a PC browser, not a phone, open this forum page. Over on the right you'll see a page called "How do I get to Vancouver BC" which is a good start.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from SeaTac to vancouver, BC

A couple options here. Go via Amtrak (Cascades line, it's called), or check out the Quick Shuttle service. Huge luxury bus, with reasonable rates.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,171 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from SeaTac to vancouver, BC

Quick Shuttle is the slowest however ieaves from Seatac which makes it logistically easy. For bus options I like

amtrak.com

train but bus is direct with no stops

boltbus.com

These both leave from close to each other and easy to get to from seatac via light rail. Read how to get to Amtrak from seatac

Bellingham, WA
Level Contributor
220 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from SeaTac to vancouver, BC

Normally, i would say "Catch the train", but you're arriving mid-day, so unless you want to wait a few hours..... (train leaves Seattle at 7:40 a.m. & 6:50 p.m. to go into Canada)

SeaTac airport is about 20 minutes or so south of Downtown Seattle.

But, it might be fun to 'play tourist' in downtown Seattle, before heading into Canada.

so, with that in mind.......

1) I suggest catching the light rail from the SeaTac airport right into downtown Seattle

(get off at the "International District" station & walk up to street level)

2) Look for the big clock tower - that's the Amtrak station. Drop off your bags at the train station and then enjoy Seattle for a few hours.

3) At 6:50 p.m., hop on train (make sure you have prior reservations, of course), and arrive in Vancouver at 10:50 p.m.

5. Re: Transportation from SeaTac to vancouver, BC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 05:19