We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Airport to downtown

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Airport to downtown

How easy is it to get from airport to downtown on local buses. Dont particularly want to walk a long way as I'm old and lazy. Or is it easier to just get a taxi. Any help would be appreciated Thankyou

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
646 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Airport to downtown

It depends on where downtown you wish to go.

There is the light rail option which will take you to a few stops downtown. See soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-ligh… To reach the train you do need to walk across the airport parking garage and then across to the train. Train will cost $2.75.

Taxi fare will run you about $40-45. Taxi pick-up is in lower level of parking garage directly opposite from baggage claim. They will take to exactly where you want with no walking.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Airport to downtown

Thanks for that, we are stopping at Fairmont Olympic as a treat, we are coming from UK to see our daughter who is in Cirque du Soleil playing guitar. Not been to Seattle before and dont know the way to travel in USA, really looking forward to it even if the weather is as bad as UK the food looks amazing

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,992 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Airport to downtown

your options are listed on top right of this page under top questions. The airporter shuttle stops at the Olympic so thats pretty easy but for $5 more $45 you can take a towncar. Read the info. The towncars come to the door closest to you in baggage claim so no walking.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Airport to downtown

Taking a taxi from the airport is definitely the easiest way to do it.

There's no bus from the airport.

But there is the new-ish Lightrail System which brings you right into downtown in about 40 mins. but there is some walking involved (about 10 mins. or so outside the terminal to the station).

suze

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
942 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Airport to downtown

How old and lazy are you? Taking a taxi from the airport will obviously be easier, but it will be more expensive. The light rail that goes down town is an extra 0.1 miles and takes about twice as long to get downtown. It is also 1/10th the cost.

The choice in the end is yours. :)

seattle
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Airport to downtown

OP says she's old and lazy but splurging. I suggest she either book a limo or just take a taxi. The light rail is fine for normal travel (I'm old and use it always but it's my home town)

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Airport to downtown

Thanks for all your help on this, I got a taxi on arrival as the plane was about 7 hours late getting in and the immigration were far from helpful or friendly, having said that the people in Seattle were amazing and friendly overall, caught the monorail back to airport and it was an efficient and cheap way of travel. I'm not really that old or lazy.

Cheers Ade

8. Re: Getting from Airport to downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 07:18