We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area for baseball fans...

Lemont, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Best area for baseball fans...

Three guys in their 40s coming into town for Cubs-Mariners games in late June. Want an area where we can walk to bars that are not all full of just 21 year olds, get to the ballpark for the games, stay out all night, etc. We will not have a rental car.

We don't want high end lounges or clubs. Casual and lively is better.

I appreciate any ideas for hotels, watering holes, trouble, etc.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,870 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area for baseball fans...

Look at the Silver Cloud Stadium - http://www.silvercloud.com/seattlestadium/

It's across the street from Safeco Field and easily walkable to many bars in Pioneer Square, plus they also have a shuttle that can take you up to the Pike Market area (Belltown) where there are many more pubs, cafes, clubs etc.

The Silver Cloud is also a very short walk from the Stadium light rail station, with direct train service from/to the airport. Silver Cloud is a quality Pacific Northwest chain, highly regarded.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area for baseball fans...

Im not sure about the bar scene but since the light rail station is next to SafeCo field you could stay in the heart of downtown and take the light rail between downtown and the stadium. The Silver Cloud is nice but Ive stayed at both the Sheraton and the Mayflower Park Hotel and would choose either again. Ive gotten good package deals at the Mayflower so check around on websites to see what you can get :)

If you are interested, there are lots of local breweries to try (I assume there are some good beer tours to be had). Pikes Brewery is good as is Elysian. I've done a couple of food tours in Seattle and have enjoyed both. My favorite bar so far is the one in the Capital Grille. It was a nice atmosphere and felt laid back. Or I go to Purple Cafe for wine.

Go Cubbies!

Level Contributor
47,200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area for baseball fans...

I'd stay at Silver Cloud Stadiums. There's plenty of places to hang out starting with Pyramid Brewery which is right there. And a short walk north up into Pioneer Square (the historic district) with all kinds of taverns, bars, cafes, restaurants.

4. Re: Best area for baseball fans...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 07:15