We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

The last post about it was a year ago so I'm looking for a more recent opinion. I'm driving from Victoria to fly out of Seattle. I don't require a hotel stay in Seattle as the flight out is at 9:30 pm. I'd prefer keeping my keys so I like the self park option.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

I Googled and found reviews on Yelp.

https://www.google.com/search…

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

As did I. I was hoping for TripAdvisor opinions as I don't know the quality of opinions on Yelp. I do however, trust the folks here!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

I just used them over Christmas. It worked great. They are right next to Masterpark C and the new rental car annex. You drive up to the automated gate, take a ticket and find a space. The shuttles troll the parking lot in a pattern before taking off for the terminal. You pull out your bags lock your car (making sure you keep your ticket and keys) and wait for a shuttle. It took us about 2 minutes outbound. The driver makes note of your space on a little card and gives that to you. They also help with your bags if you need it. We thought the drivers were helpful, friendly and courteous. The lot seemed well trafficked and it is very open and well lit. I had no signfiicant concerns. I didn't see any overt evidence of car theft like broken glass or open doors (not that I have in any lot I have used) and again there is a relatively constant shuttle presence and visitor presence in the lot -- at least when we took off and returned. There is also a service road connecting MP C and MPark which I assume is for the purpose of checking the lots. On the way back it is the same drill as all other shuttles. You dial the mpark code at the phones by shuttle pick up/drop off if you don't see a shuttle coming. They tell you one is on the way. You wait 5-10 minutes maybe and they pick you up and take you back to the lot. We probably waited 10 minutes which makes me think I probably just missed one when we got out there. You give them your space number and they drop you off. You take your ticket that you received when you entered and insert at the pay station at the gate and pay with credit card. They were still running an introductory rate of $8.99/day when I last used them which I think is a great deal. They are still advertising that rate on the website ... I just checked. Even the regular rate of $10.95 was a few bucks cheaper than the regular MasterPark valet parking rates. I'll use them again.

-K

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,306 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

Master park has always been one of the best airport pkg facilities, mainly because they have really frequent shuttles from the airport. If you go to Masterparking.com

you can see if there are some promos. The other companies you may use which I also use are

shuttlepark2.com

Park n jet seatac.com lot 2. You may wish to check for coupons. If you'd like I'd recommend you drop a note to Tripadvisor suggesting an airport parking classification as this quesiton comes up a lot.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12104-Help_us_…

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

I use the various Masterpark lots regularly. They are great and I recommend without hesitation.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

Last week. I used to use Masterpark C but we always do MPark now because it's significantly cheaper. There's no downside IMO. Oh, wait, I don't get my 50/day Alaska miles with MPark like I do with the valet. But that's it.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

Thank-you all!

klsalas - that is quite detailed and I appreciate it. It is the security of leaving my car there that I was most concerned about, with cost being a close second. Last time I parked and flew it was out of Vancouver and we spent the night in a hotel. They had free parking in a "secure" lot for up to a week. My licence plate was stolen three hours after I parked the car. I don't leave anything inside it to be stolen but I never thought about my plates.

I will request a parking or maybe a more general transportation classification from TA. I think it is an appropriate topic for reviews.

Is there a DE for SeaTac or can one of you lovely Seattle DE's create either a Top question or a Traveler Article about airport parking?

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

>>>I will request a parking or maybe a more general transportation classification from TA. I think it is an appropriate topic for reviews.<<<

On second thought, after a quick search in the Help us make TA better forum to make sure I wasn't posting a topic already discussed, I think I'm going to leave that alone. There are quite a few debates on car rental companies being able to be reviewed with comments referring to airlines as well. I think parking lots would fall under the same type of transportation category. While I am on the "It's a review site, let us review it" side, I think the suggestion would get shot down in a heartbeat.

That being said, there is a transportation category under Attractions. When I return, I will submit mPark as a transportation attraction I'd like to review and see what happens. I don't think Attractions is quite the right category either, but one step at a time!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,306 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

I really wish you'd suggest it as there are a few parking lot owners who constantly tell their 'customers' to post on TA. We get a whole series of posts in the forum saying I just parked at xxx and it was so wonderful..........A review when no question is asked is really self defeating. there are some lots I've used I wish I could review. A top question might be appropriate.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone used Mpark parking lately?

Like I said, I will attempt to submit a review when I return. I'd like to use the place before going to bat for it. As owners, they can contact TA and ask to be included. I still have a few of those sticker packages so I will drop one off as well. Maybe if TA starts to hear from parking lot companies as well as DE's and users they'll give transportation its own place instead of putting it under Attractions where no one would think to look.