We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Seattle for two nights solo

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Going to Seattle for two nights solo

I'm from Vancouver, B.C, and going to Seattle for two nights on a weekend in April. I'll be going to two Mariners games, but I'm not sure what I should do with the rest of my time. I've been to Seattle many times before, but I was younger and not of age. I'm 23 now, and like to drink and eat at nice restaurants. Could anybody give me advice on nice hotels, bars and restaurants, and also just fun things to do for a young single male? I tend to have expensive taste.

Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
542 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Seattle for two nights solo

There are tons of nice restaurants, bars & hotels. Will be easier to help if you start with some more specific ideas of what you are interested in. Try reading some of the Top Questions upper right of this page, especially the "one day itinerary without a car", and look at the reviews on this site for top-rated places and attractions.

If you have expensive tastes (and the resources to match), personally I'd stay at the Inn at the Market. There are also several other nice hotels a bit closer to the stadium.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Seattle for two nights solo

Id probably stay in the heart of downtown and take the light rail from westlake to the stadium (enjoy the games, have some garlic fries for me!).

Ive stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel a few times (they have really nice packages, check their website) and the Sheraton. I found both to be nice although the Mayflower is an older hotel.

You might consider doing one of the food tours through Savor Seattle. Ive done both the Pikes Market tour (solo) and the Gourmet tour (with my husband). I liked both of them though I do think the Gourmet one is nice especially if you are a foodie. Its a good way to kill some time and eat and not be totally alone. You might consider the EMP museum. I just visited Chihully which was nice but only took about an hour to go through.

As for restaurants, some of my favorite is Purple Cafe & Wine bar, Capital Grille (I like steak), Wild Ginger and a few others. I just had breakfast at Toulouse Petite over by the Seattle Center and enjoyed it a lot. I guess it depends on what kind of food you are interested in. But I do recommend a food tour if you have never been on one. I enjoyed it even though I was by myself and ate lots of different bites around town. And you can never go wrong with a Tom Douglas place. I like his crab cakes at Etta's. Hope that helps!

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Seattle for two nights solo

Thanks a lot for your replies! The food tour sounds really enticing, I'll look into it. I am a bit of a foodie, so that sounds perfect. I've been to Pike Market a couple of times and really liked it. Is the gourmet tour somewhere different? I wouldn't mind going off the beaten path. I'd like to go to one really upscale restaurant and maybe one that's original and has really creative and modern food. As for hotels, I'd like to be somewhere vibrant and close to some action. Location to the stadium isn't the biggest of concerns, I'm sure I'd be able to find my way, even if I had to take a cab. I'm not the biggest museum person lol, I get bored easily and ADD sets in. It'd have to be something I'm really interested in, though, having just looked up the emp museum, it actually sounds pretty cool. I'll look into that as well. I might have to extend my stay. I'm not sure I could fit all of this in. Thanks again.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Seattle for two nights solo

The gourmet tour goes around downtown and does hit one spot at the market but doesnt really get into the history of it. Im trying to remember all of the places we went but we did go to Serious Pie and a few other places. If you look at the tours website, they tell you all of the restaurants. I do remember a really good duck sandwich with a wine pairing.

If you dont mind taking a taxi, Spinasse might be a good choice for dinner one night. I enjoyed their fresh made noodles :)

5. Re: Going to Seattle for two nights solo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 04:16