We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

Royal Oak, MI
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

My hubby and I fly into Seatac via Delta on Monday, April 15th at 10:45 am.

We will each have a carry-on and another piece of luggage and we want to take the bus to save money.

We're staying at 424 Summit Ave., E in Capitol Hill.

Please supply us with the bus information from Seatac to the above address.

Thanks!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

Take the light rail from the airport to the convention center station. Exit the station and walk one short block south to Pike street (in front of the actual convention center. Take a metro bus up the hill, either a 10, 11, 14, or 49. You can ask the driver to tell you when you get to Summit. The 14 runs along Summit, so that may be the best. Have fun! Welcome!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
945 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

Google is your friend: http://goo.gl/maps/KKd5H

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,229 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

just remembber you pay one fare for light rail and another for the metro bus unless you buy an orca card for $5 at the link station at the airprot.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,913 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

The above is all correct. Since Light Rail went in Metro bus doesn't run to SeaTac any longer. Do Light Rail to downtown, get off at Westlake, go back above ground, and go over to the Metro bus stop. Then catch a bus up the hill. That said, this isn't going to be all that easy with 2 pieces of luggage each. Personally I always take a shuttle or taxi from the airport (I live on Capitol Hill). suze

Royal Oak, MI
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

Thank you everyone for the replies. We got used to hauling our 2 pieces of luggage during our entire 3 week trip in Ireland back in 2011 and it brought back a great memory about the luggage:

Upon our return to the US from Ireland, we had to get on the rail from the Chicago airport, then walk to the Amtrak station to hop on our train back to Royal Oak, Mich. We arrived at 4 am in Royal Oak, and all of the taxis we had set up in advance to call................had a 2 hour wait.

We live approx 2 miles from the Royal Oak station, so we walked home with our 2 piece of luggage each!

Thanks again!

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,913 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

You haven't seen the hills in Seattle yet ;-) suze

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
904 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

I just noticed the recommendation to take the number 14 bus, above. Please be aware that 14 no longer goes to Summit. It has been replaced with the number 47.

8. Re: Bus from Seatac to Capitol Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:16