We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Eugene to Seattle

Sao Paulo, SP
1 post
Save Topic
From Eugene to Seattle

I will have 11 days to travel from Eugene to Seattle. Which itinerary would you suggest?

thanks

Heitor

Long Beach...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Eugene to Seattle

11 days is about 10 days to many. As far as itinerary, come up with one one or two for fine tuning and comment, and post it.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,584 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Eugene to Seattle

Its kind of a generic question for such a short trip. Its maybe 5 or 6 hrs of driving so to stretch it out to 11 days is a little bit of a stretch. Personally I'd head south and head to the Oregon Coast and spend a few days driving up to Seaside. From there you could go to portland and spend maybe 2-3 days exploring and driving the Columbia River Gorge or over Mt. Hood. From there Mt. St Helens but you'd still have a few more days. Is the 11 days including any time in Seattle? I see your new but you have to help us a bit.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,827 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Eugene to Seattle

We drive up to Seattle from Eugene several times a year. As davidgmg said, it's about a 5-hour drive, 6 if you stop for breaks and a meal. You have lots of options...some determined by time of year (for instance, the Cascades to the east will be deep in snow through June).

From Eugene, you could go west on #126 to Florence, then north on the very scenic section of 101 to Yachats (spend a day or two in the area and visit Cape Perpetua just south of town); then continue to Newport (Aquarium, Hatfield Marine Science Center, sea lions on the historic bayfront and two light houses).

Continue north to Pacific City (Cape Kiwanda), Cannon Beach, Seaside and Astoria. Then eastward to Portland. Spend a few days here seeing the city and doing day trips on the Columbia Gorge/Mt. Hood Loop, to the Willamette Valley wine country and to Mt. St. Helens (if it's after mid-May when the Johnston Ridge Observatory opens).

If it's not still winter, you can also check out Mt. Rainier National Park on your way to Seattle. If it's still winter, take time to see the Museum of Glass in Tacoma.

If that doesn't fill your 11 days, let us know. We'll give you more things to do!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,584 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Eugene to Seattle

rent mopeds at downtown and take it up to the end of the road on a lookout. I've done it but a local will hopefully give me the name. Its the moutnain up from Oak Bay with a spectacular view of Victoria.

5. Re: From Eugene to Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 05:16