We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Lake Union area

new york
Level Contributor
949 posts
1,128 reviews
Save Topic
South Lake Union area

Can anyone inform about this? How to get there from the Alexis hotel area? Heard new Indian restaurant there, what else? thanks.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,237 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Lake Union area

the streetcar from Westlake mall area goes there but Alexis is on 1st ave so you'd have to take a bus to the streetcar and transfer. I work at So Lk Union and its a collection of offices with Amazon. Other than the park and the Mohai musuem there isn't a lot there that I'd consider 'touristy'. The rest may be one I don't know but don't recall an Indian rest on the water side.

seattle
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: South Lake Union area

The Indian restaurant is Shanik, an outpost of Vijays in Vancouver, which opened late last year, It has had very mixed reviews, either raving or panning.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Lake Union area

The reviews of Shanik have been overwhelmingly very positive. It is $$$ fine dining though. I think that fact has colored some the reviews ...

It is easy enough to get to South Lake Union from the Alexis by cab or bus. You can take the light rail line from Westlake Center. You can take a bus a few stops there or walk. It would also be a fairly short cab ride.

South Lake Union is a low rise industrial/ warehouse district in transition. There has been a bit of a land rush there with Paul Allen and the primary players. It is now turning into a burgeoning high tech area and increasingly a desirable residential area. The southern lake edge is the new home of the Museum of History and Industry as well as the Center for Wooden Boats. Otherwise it getting to be popular for dining and drinking ...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
945 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Lake Union area

"How do I get around Seattle?" tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-s302/Seattle:W…

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,237 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Lake Union area

the light rail Kisalas is referring to is the Streetcar, not the Link lt rail that only runs south to the airport. Just so you don't get confused. You can also use metros trip planner

…kingcounty.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl…

new york
Level Contributor
949 posts
1,128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Lake Union area

thanks so much

7. Re: South Lake Union area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 06:18