We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

Hello, I just heard in the news today (4/22/13) that travelers are to expect flight delays due to shortage in air traffic controllers due to federal budget cuts. The news went on to say that at PDX , however, where I live, it's not so bad, just a few but not very many.

That said, I have a connecting flight from PDX to Seattle to France and am starting to worry. I have a layover in Seattle of about 3 hours so that's not so bad (same in France to another airport in Southern France of 3 hours or so).

Does anyone know of a website that posts flight schedules for Seattle?

Thank you.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,995 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

since pdx to seattle flights run hourly or even more your very safe. Most of the planes originate in pdx so you have no worries. Most airports list all arrivals but go to the airline your booked on. I got a similar e mail from Alaska air but honestly I'm not too concerned.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,382 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

Courage, Nemor. The furloughs will mainly affect tiny regional airports. You should be fine.

Kingston, Washington
Level Contributor
154 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

And they affect the big nasty airports like JFK. You are good with SeaTac.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

I LOVE YOU ALL, THANK YOU for bringing some peace to my poor old heart. God bless you all, such wonderful members.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

LAX is not a tiny regional airport. Long delays have been reported there. Haven't heard any re Sea-Tac, but can we be sure there won't be any? Best bet is to keep track of flights through the airline's Web site. Check status. You can see how they're doing each day. Panicking is not productive. Being prepared in case there are delays could be.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 13:33
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

The best advice for ANY travel is not to panic, be prepared, be informed, and be flexible.

Some posters here are mixing up 2 different things:

1. The FAA is closing 149 control towers (now delayed to June 15). This will affect "tiny regional airports" staffed by contractors. This is due to budget issues but NOT to the furloughs.

2. The FAA is furloughing all 15,000 air traffic controllers 1 day every 2 weeks. This could affect ALL OTHER AIRPORTS. In the first few days, airports such as New York, Baltimore, and Washington have already had delays up to 2 hours. Delays can happen at different airports each day depending on which controllers take their day off. Delays will then ripple throughout the system. It doesn't matter where your flight originates if there is no plane!

So keep your airline's phone number and website handy and have a great trip!

Boca Raton, Florida
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

Flightaware.com is what I use to keep track of all flight schedules

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

I just flew out of there and had no delay.

9. Re: Flight Schedule/Delays at SeaTac, Should I panic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 07:18