We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Art Classes in Seattle area?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Art Classes in Seattle area?

Does anyone know of any summer art classes for adults in the Seattle area? I have a friend who would like to visit and take some painting (watercolor and oil) classes thru the summer months.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,793 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Art Classes in Seattle area?

I am taking a couple of days off while the weather is great and heading for the Olympics. Remind me on Thursday and I. can help you with this.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 18:02
Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Art Classes in Seattle area?

Oh, there are so many!

The first place I would start is with Pratt Fine Arts Center.

http://www.pratt.org

Look at Gage Academy of Art

http://www.gageacademy.org

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Art Classes in Seattle area?

I love both places Island Girl mentioned. Another is the Schack Art Center in Everett. Gage is a fine art school, so you'll pay quite a bit to study there. The founder, Gary Faigin, is well known and has a highly regarded figure drawing book (maybe more than one).

The Daniel Smith art stores have regular workshops and groups, too. There's another interesting small school in Georgetown run by a former UW professor.

Many park and rec centers (such as the one on Mercer Island), Community Colleges (Seattle Central is one), and school districts have non-credit community ed offerings with good local teachers. They are generally listed online.

Edited: 24 April 2013, 07:43
Seattle, Washington
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer Art Classes in Seattle area?

"There are so many places your friend can go that actually it depends more on her budget and the kind of painting she will be willing to explore. I mean if she is more into still life, animals, or human anatomy. It always is up to the artist. Any way, here are a couple of good options so you can share with he or she.

Gage Academy of Art

Pratt Fine Arts Center

Thrive Art School

Studio 9 Arts

American Institute of Arts

Most of this places offer children and teens Summer Camps a few of them offer this kind of programs for adults. But you should ask.

5. Re: Summer Art Classes in Seattle area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 06:18