We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trapper's Sushi

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Trapper's Sushi

This restaurant was recently recommended to me. I will be in Seattle in a few weeks and would love to try their "all you can eat" sushi on Tuesday night. However, I will not have a car and I am not sure which location would be the closest to get to. Would it be an expensive cab ride or is it accessible by bus? Thanks for your guidance.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trapper's Sushi

This isn't in Seattle or even close. It appears to be a small chain in Pierce County and on the Kitsap Peninsula (you can see the locations on their website). I don't think a cab would go that far. I suppose if you were really determined you could take the hour long ferry to Bremerton and then cab, but why, where there is so much good sushi IN the city. (though perhaps not all you can eat...I'd question the quality on that...) Will you be staying downtown? Shiro's is generally regarded as the best but there are certainly other choices if you're staying elsewhere.

Edited: 24 April 2013, 18:38
Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trapper's Sushi

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

It is a challenge when you aren't familiar with a particular area, so support from people like yourself is so appreciated. I will look into Shiro's. I was looking for a place that served delicious fish at a reasonable price. Sushi can be quite costly!

Thanks again.

QHD

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trapper's Sushi

Shiro's probably won't be the least expensive place, either. I'm sure we can come up with other ideas for you. Where are you staying?

Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trapper's Sushi

We booked a pretty inexpensive place called the Georgetown Inn. I think that it is close to public transportation. I have a car reserved, but I think driving there will be more of a hindrance than a help and will probably cancel the reservation for the vehicle.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trapper's Sushi

I'd keep the car. You'll probably be able to get downtown fairly easily on transit, and maybe that's all you need, but with a car you'll be able to go anywhere. That will be nice in the evening in particular, when buses might not run as often. And it'll make your sushi errand easier! I'm blanking on good value sushi that would be convenient to you. If no one else responds, I'd start a new thread that's titled something like, "inexpensive sushi in Seattle", and say you're staying in Georgetown with a car (or not, if you definitely decide against it).

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trapper's Sushi

Hi QH,

Generally, a sushi restaurant that offers all you can eat sushi that is a chain centered in the suburbs isn't going to be a good best for sushi, especially in a city like Seattle. Since you are in Georgetown, I would highly recommend The Cutting Board. It is relatively cheap, relatively generous, and actually pretty good. For a step up, check out Maneki's in the International District. They are also very reasonably priced and excellent. Musashi's in Wallingford is very cheap, always packed, and pretty good as well. It's no high dining, but this is where the locals go.

And for Georgetown, I would rent a car for at least one or two days. Getting to Georgetown is Ok on transit, but it goes much faster with a car.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 07:34
Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trapper's Sushi

Thank you all for your carefully thought out and generous responses. I will consider all of your recommendations and let you know what worked best when I return. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Is the area of the Georgetown Inn actually in Georgetown?

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trapper's Sushi

Yes. It's just north of Boeing Field.

9. Re: Trapper's Sushi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:16