We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to eat in seattle

Seattle, Washington
13 posts
Save Topic
best places to eat in seattle

I was wondering about the best places to eat in Seattle real and authentic American Food. Anybody ideas? I also wanted to know about hotels in Portland. Does anybody know about any Portland hotel not very expensive, lets say 150 dollars per night and including breakfast? I am planning a trip up there because there is this Shakespeare festival I want to go next fall. If you have advice in this matter please let me know. Do you think I should drive or should be easier if I just go by bus? I am going myself so I just want to enjoy as much as I can. Thanks in advance.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best places to eat in seattle

We visit Seattle fairly frequently and have a simple rule -- If Tom Douglas has any connection to the restaurant, eat there! It never fails to please us.

In Portland, the Paramount Hotel in the heart of downtown often has special deals at $150 or less that include free (well $1) parking or breakfast or other nice amenities. Check their website or give them a call for the dates you want.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best places to eat in seattle

We really like the Mark Spencer Hotel in Portland.

Level Contributor
36,371 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best places to eat in seattle

Check POVA for prices that include breakfast and parking. The Pink Door, Etta's, Dahlia Lounge, Salty's and Anchovies & Olives are all great places to dine in Seattle.

Happy Travels and enjoy Seattle! :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
946 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best places to eat in seattle

For the Portland Hotel, use priceline and the name your own price. Most times you can get a place under $120 (as low as $75) at a four star hotel. The trick is that the only four star hotels in Portland are downtown, so whenever you add a new area to the "name your own price" it acts as a free bid.

5. Re: best places to eat in seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:18