We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loreena McKennitt at the zoo in August!

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Loreena McKennitt at the zoo in August!

I just bought tickets to see Loreena McKennitt at the zoo on Aug.15th. My first trip to the area. I'd love to see Mt. Rainier and the San Juan Islands. Any suggestions on where to stay and how many days I should plan?

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,637 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loreena McKennitt at the zoo in August!

Good taste in music! I am buying my tickets today. If you get an early start, Rainier can be done as a daytrip. I would stay up there overnight. You will not believe how gorgeous it is up there in August. Not hot and humid like in SL. If you can get a reservation you could stay at the Paradise Inn. You are right there. The rooms are small and nothing special, but you will see why they call it Paradise! I also like Alexander's Country Inn in Ashford, although I must I have not stayed there in many years. http://www.mt-rainier.com/lodging_search.php

Avoid Friday-Sunday when the Park gets crowded. The San Juans IMO are best enjoyed with at least a three night stay. The ferries will mean long lines in August, so get there early. Others will pipe in to give you ideas of where to stay. Choose either Orcas or San Juan. I would pick San Juan and visit Lime KiIn Park with hopes of seeing Orcas.

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loreena McKennitt at the zoo in August!

Wow, Thanks! Sounds like great advice! I definately want to see Orca's! Paradise Inn sounds awesome too. Guess I better get a travel guide and make some reservavtions!

3. Re: Loreena McKennitt at the zoo in August!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:18