We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Around Hotel Max

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants Around Hotel Max

So I went on Hotwire to try my luck for a hotel and got the Hotel Max. The location is perfect (I'm attending Geek Girl con in October and wanted something close to the convention center) and it seems I'll be able to walk pretty much everywhere, which was my plan.

However, I am looking for some good nearby dining establishments that are close to the hotel. Budget doesn't matter - I'm just looking for some great food (and possibly great wine).

Edited: 04 May 2013, 23:38
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
538 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

You're close to several Tom Douglas restaurants - Dahlia Lounge, Palace Kitchen, Lola. Also not too far from RN74, Michael Mina's place at 4th & Pike, which I highly recommend.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

Hi robm103,

The Hotel Max is located in the heart of downtown. There are far too many restaurants to mention - at all price points. Are you dining alone, are you looking for a specific type of restaurant? Any of the T. Douglas restaurants are a good place to start.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

I will be dining alone most evenings. I'm actually spending a total of 5 days in Seattle (with two of those being occupied by the con).

Edited: 05 May 2013, 16:26
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

You're close to everything, including buses that will get you to some of the really good restaurants. Given that you have 5 days, you'll probably want to vary some cheap and some nice meals. In downtown, there are the Tom Douglas restaurants that we are all obligated to mention and the Pike Place Market, which has a couple excellent options for sit down and dozens of stall to snack from during the day. While you are here, do visit the market.

If you take the bus tunnel to the International District, there are a lot of good inexpensive restaurants to choose between and a good amount of geeky stuff (if you've got a little otaku in your geeky mix). King Noodle is very good. Kau Kau BBQ is good. Ping's Dumpling House is good, but mainly when he has the special juicy pork dumplings (Sunday only?). Uwajimaya has a decent food court. There are also more refined options down there that stand out: Tsukushinbo and Maneki would be my top picks.

You can also hop on the number 11 or 49 and head to Capitol Hill. There are TONS of restaurants up here at all price points. Skillet Diner. Spinasse (although this is more of a higher end romantic restaurant). Cafe Presse. Rancho Bravo Tacos (cheap!). Marination Station. Mamoon (within walking distance of your hotel/the convention center).

If you can let us know what you like and don't like, we can narrow it down quite a bit. :)

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

There really isn't a lot that I don't like - I generally just love food! LOL I do, obviously, want to sample a little bit of seafood while in Seattle, so recommendations for that would be appreciated. I also love French food, but not the pretentious sort of over-priced sauce-covered concoctions found in most American French restaurants. I love pastries and baked items, as well, along with chocolate. I plan on spending at least a half a day at the market, too.

I also hope to have some time to travel to Bainbridge Island and walk around a little bit.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

My personal favorite way to show off local seafood is sushi. We have a strong Japanese influence in the region and our sushi restaurants are actually pretty decent. Maneki and Momiji are good options for sushi. Shiro's is also a good option. If you are looking for more traditional preparations, Ivar's is the best fish and chips in town (and certainly on the waterfront, IMHO). Duke's Chowder House is reasonable, a short streetcar ride away and the location by the lake is very nice

For pastries, one of my favorite bakeries just opened a new location that is easier to access from downtown. Bakery Nouveau on 15th and John (take the 43 and get off at 15th) is top notch and a great place to try those. You may also want to consult cakespy.com if you are looking for the scoop on the local sugar economy.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

You are in an excellent central location, basically close to everything. Along 4th Avenue, not too far to the north of your hotel, I like Dahlia Lounge, Dahlia Bakery, Assagio's Italian, Lola's. Both Oliver's (lobby bar) and Andaluca's (restaurant) at the Mayflower Park are very good. You're close to the back side of Pacific Place (mall) that has Il Fornaio restaurant downstairs, and a pretty nice food court upstairs. And of course the entire Pike Place Market is only blocks away... Il Bistro, Maximillien's, Etta's, and many others.

suze

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I've been looking on Yelp, and I am literally overwhelmed. I'm going to be doing a lot of great eating in Seattle!

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

If you have a few "finalists" feel free to post and we can probably comment on those options :) suze

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants Around Hotel Max

The list is now HUGE. But I am eyeing the Tom Douglas restaurants, particularly Lola and the Dahlia Lounge (which also has a bakery, correct?)