We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Seattle day city tour

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,503 posts
445 reviews
Save Topic
Best Seattle day city tour

Looking for the best Seattle day city tour in mid July. Will be doing a lot of driving on this trip and would like to sit back and enjoy a tour of the city. Thanks

Seattle Free Walking Tours
Cultural Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours
Shutter Tours - Day Tours
Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours
Evergreen Escapes
Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Breweries, Wine Tours & Tastings
Tours Northwest
Day Trips, Cultural Tours, City Tours
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

I think the Argosy locks cruise would be a good choice. A bus tour doesn't really seem to fit Seattle, even though they are offered.

The Ducks are a decent option.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,503 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

Thanks- will check that one out.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

You might consider Qwik Tours Seattle http://seattleqwiktour.com/

The guides are very knowledgeable and the itineraries are great. I like Ride the Ducks for the time spent on Lake Union but the forced joviality and music can be a bit much sometimes. It depends on what you are looking for.

Savor Seattle also offers some great food & walking tours which could be a very nice compliment to a riding tour.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,503 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

Thanks!!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,566 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

'best' is always the subjective term here. Not knowing what you want or the ages involved really hinders offering the 'best' advice. I'm assuming your adults and want a quality city tour vs a speciaty tour. I've been on most city tours. Here are my recommendations and critiques.

Duck tour is good for kids. It covers the downtown core and makes no stops for pictures. Its hokey corney and fun but not the 'best' city tour. It doesn't go to the Locks, up Queen Anne hill and the no stops makes it not ideal. Good for kids and for people with limited time.

Same for Quick Tours. They are pretty new but your driving around and make no or ltd stops

ToursNorthwest.com do a complete city tour, cover over 50 miles drives over the floating bridge to show the Cascades and Olympics, goes to the Locks, Kerry pARK, with a stop at Kerry PArk, the locks and Pioneer Square. I do think they are the best at providing a comprehensive city tour.

There are many specialty tours which are very good such as Walking tours, and the food tours get good reviews. Sort of helps to know what you have in mind.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,503 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

OK for some more info. We are active adults in our early 60's who will have adult child and spouse with us. We do not want a walking tour but one where we can actually get out and see the sights such as Pike Market. Thinking of something along the lines of 3-5 hours plus time for lunch.

I do most of the driving and will be doing a lot of driving on this trip as we are visiting both Washington and Oregon. It is nice to sit back and let someone else do the driving in a big city.

Have done the duck tour in Pittsgurgh and Grayline tours in SF and LA.

Thanks!! Will take a look at the ToursNorthwest.com website.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,566 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

I think for what you want this is one of the best ones for you. Just so you know green lines going out of business and almost most West Coast cities. They have sold their name to a variety of small tour operators But they aren't what they used to be.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

You will need at least an hour at Pike Place Market. It is a good place to get lunch.

If you have a car, you could do this yourself. Seattle isn't New York City and is quite easy to navigate. I know you've repeatedly said you don't want to drive, but I think it would be a lot more fun if you did. That way you could browse longer at places you like. The Locks, for example, have beautifully landscaped grounds.

3-5 hours seems like a drive-by rush if it includes the Market and lunch.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,503 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

Thanks!! I meant 3-5 hours for the tour and then I would say another hour for lunch and transport back and forth another hour- pretty much all day!!!

10. Re: Best Seattle day city tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 05:18