We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping Near Seattle

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Camping Near Seattle

I am planning a trip to Seattle with my boyfriend this summer. We have a small motor home and would like to camp somewhere close to public transit. We are wanting to use transit to go to a ball game one day and the market the next. I found 2 campgrounds in Bellevue, but it doesn't look like we can get into downtown Seattle using the bus on Sundays. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping Near Seattle

Yes, there are SoundTransit buses which travel from downtown Bellevue (transit center), Sth Bellevue Park & Ride & on to downtown Seattle. Bus #550 runs 7 days a week. Route map & schedule: soundtransit.org/Schedules/… Exit the bus at the Int'l District/Chinatown station stop in the transit tunnel & walk to the football/soccer or baseball stadiums.

Where will you be staying?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping Near Seattle

If you stay at the Trailer Inn RV Park in Bellevue - you can truly almost walk to the Eastgate Transit Center(it's on the other side of I-90) , grab an express bus and you are in Seattle in 10-15 minutes.

Here is the link:

www.soundtransit.org/Rider-Guide/Eastgate-PR

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping Near Seattle

BTW there are several buses going to the ballpark from the Eastgate Transit Center on game days.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping Near Seattle

We are looking at Vasa resort. It looks a little nicer. Is it quite easy to get from there to the eastgate station from Vasa? Thanks for your input.

Edited: 30 May 2013, 06:09
Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camping Near Seattle

Yes, Vasa Park is quite nice, and it is located right on Lake Sammamish. It's not quite walking distance, about 2 miles, with a hill, and some awkward transitions to the Eastgate P & R, so you will have to move your motorhome, but it's an easy drive. The Eastgate transit Center is mainly a covered parking garage, but there is an uncovered area, I assume, that would work for an oversize vehicle.

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
536 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camping Near Seattle

It is normally very easy to get to Eastgate by vehicle from Vasa Park. There is a road construction project that has the road closed southbound through October so it's a little more complex. There are detour signs but there is a lot of road construction to maneuver through to get there.

The main concern I would have about Vasa is its rental for other events. I'm going there in a few weeks with 1000 plus sixth and seventh graders and a DJ. It would be fine if you will be up and out of there fairly early but I wouldn't want plan for a relaxing day at the lake and discover that I'm spending it with a whole lot of people. Generally the park is either open to the public for swimming and picnicking or rented out for large and small events. The camping area is not separated from the public area.

I don't know if it would be a deal breaker for me but it is something to be aware of.

If you want to take public transportation to Eastgate, I would check the bus schedule. The bus service may be fairly limited outside of commuting hours and will be affected by the road construction.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camping Near Seattle

The other park has gotten some really crummy reviews, and Vasa is kind of neat being right on Lake Sammamish.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camping Near Seattle

Yeah the reviews kinda scare me, I think we will stay at Vasa and drive. Unless I find any other campgrounds near Seattle

9. Re: Camping Near Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 06:17