We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Space Needle Restaurant

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Space Needle Restaurant

I wanted to go the restaurant while visiting the Space needle. Are they really closed from 2-5? I only have a short window of opportunity to go there and that would be the time I planned to be there.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

Email/call the restaurant for your answer.

www.spaceneedle.com/visit-the-needle/hours/

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

Lunch ends at 2pm (m-f) and brunch runs from 10-2:45 (sa-su). Dinner starts at 5pm (daily). Strangely though the online system system seems to allow reservations until 2:45 -- even on weekdays. If you have only some time between 2:45 and 5 you are probably going to have to call them. 206.905.2100

I would say that although I have found the food and service pretty good on the few times I have been (usually with out of town visitors), the restaurant doesn't get rave reviews. A visit to the observation deck (just above the restaurant) is included with a meal and you avoid the normal o-deck queue by booking a meal at the restaurant. However the restaurant has a pp minimum and the cost of the observation deck view is to some extent built into the menu prices (it is more noticeable at dinner than lunch). For example at lunch the minimum is $25. If you got a baby greens salad ($10) and the American wagyu burger ($27) you would be paying $37 (plus tax and tip) for lunch and an observation deck visit worth $19). If you ate at the Metropolitan Grill downtown (a very reputable steakhouse) a field greens salad is $7 and their American wagyu burger is $15. So lunch at SkyCity would cost $15 more than at Metropolitan grill but could be seen as saving you a wait to go up to the observation deck and $4 on the cost of an observation deck visit. In the whole scheme of things though that is not a huge incentive to eat in the restaurant.

My point is that if you have a short window to visit and you want to see the Space Needle you should just go to the observation deck and forget the restaurant. The observation deck has quite a bit of seating as well as a casual cafe/bar now. yelp.com/biz/sky-cafe-observation-deck-at-th…

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

Thank you! I think I will just grab a bite at the casual cafe! I was hoping they had something like that!!! I just did not see it on the website.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

Another good option for lunch at Seattle Center would be the café at the Chihuly exhibit. The food is quite tasty, not overly spendy and it's right by the Space Needle.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

Yeah ... OJ97338, I think the OP could do significantly better in the eating dept than the cafe. However if pressed for time it is possible to get a drink or bite up there. I have been to Collections Cafe and thought it was very solid. I also very much enjoyed seeing things that Chihuly is interested in, and collects, beyond glass.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

I looked at the website for the Chihuly garden and Glasshouse and it looks like the Glasshouse closes at 3 for a special event. I probably will just be arriving around that time. My flight gets in a little after 1:00 and am planning on taking the light rail and bus to Space Needle.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
539 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

You can eat at the café without buying admission to Chihuly. But also note that the glasshouse is only one small part of the exhibit (the large glass structure with an installation of orange glass pieces across the ceiling) - most of it is in the other galleries or outside in the garden, so may still be worth doing if it interests you.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

That is good to know. I will check it out again. Sounds like a very interesting place to go.

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
987 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

The Café @ EMP next door is very good & you do not need to pay to get in to the cafe

empmuseum.org/visit/pop-kitchen-plus-bar.aspx

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Space Needle Restaurant

There are also the many places inside the Armory . Plus there are tons of places all around Seattle Center.