We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car in Seattle

Hallsville, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rental car in Seattle

We will be arriving in Seattle at 10:00 p.m. on Monday, June 17th. We will fly into Sea/Tac at shuttle to our hotel(Residence Inn Marriott at Union Lake). We will only be there two full days and would like to rent a car to drive to Mt. Ranier one of those days. Our problem is that we can't find a car rental close to the hotel. We will riding the Victoria Clipper on June 20th at 8:00am to Victoria to stay for 7 nights. We would not have time to take a rental car back to the airport. Any suggestions? There will be 4 adulds

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
The Paramount Hotel
The Paramount Hotel
#3 of 107 hotels in Seattle
Hotel Ballard
Hotel Ballard
#4 of 107 hotels in Seattle
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#5 of 107 hotels in Seattle
Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
103 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car in Seattle

I just checked a rental car at the Hilton 6th Ave Alamo / National pick up Sept 6th and return to Portland Or Sept 19th. Was $2500. I said was a lot cheaper at airport. Her reply was they have 3000 cars I have 5

Mentioned in this post
Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car in Seattle

Until you get a better answer.

I would call the hotel and ask for closest rental.

Edited: 01 June 2013, 22:47
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,012 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car in Seattle

Victoria for 7 nights? You have your reasons, I guess. :)

You'll walk on the Clipper and off, assuming your returning by that boat. If so, cab service might be best.

When does your return boat arrive, when is your flight out of Seattle? In short, how much time between boat arrival and airport departure?

Edited: 01 June 2013, 23:55
Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
565 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car in Seattle

Several agencies (Avis, Budget, Dollar) have locations downtown, which is not that far - you may need to take a cab, or the streetcar, to get there. Enterprise advertises that they'll pick you up, although I've never had great luck with that and I'm not sure about the return service. Checking with your hotel is a good idea.

Hallsville, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car in Seattle

Thank you all so much. We aren't actually staying in Victoria 7 nights. We are staying at Orveas Bay close to Sooke. We have a house there and will rent a car in Victoria to use while on Vancouver Island. the problem is renting a car in Seattle the two days we're there and would like to drive to Mt. Ranier. We're just a little concerned if we will have enough time.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Sooke
Sooke
Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island
British Columbia, Canada
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
67,252 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car in Seattle

It appears there is a Hertz rental location at 925 Westlake, not too far from your hotel on Lake Union. That would probably be the easiest rental option for a one day rental to Mt Rainier NP.

The nearest Enterprise location is further away, but the cost savings may be worth it to you. I have had several good rentals from Enterprise, but not from this location.

Hmmm. The Marriott page says this:

--------------

Car Rentals

Nearby:

Hertz

1501 8th Avenue

Seattle, Washington 98101

Phone: 1-206-903-6260

Enterprise

2116 Westlake Ave

Seattle, Washington 98109

Phone: 1-206-382-1051

Dollar Rent-A-Car

1900 Boren Ave

Seattle, Washington 98101

Phone: 1-206-682-1316

------------

I'd still go with the Hertz on Westlake or the Enterprise further away on Westlake.

It's too bad that you don't have more time to enjoy Seattle, but I hope your one day is just right for your travel style.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Union
Lake Union
237 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
7. Re: Rental car in Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 06:16