We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel downtown- soccer and light rail

Northwest US
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel downtown- soccer and light rail

Hello,

We are needing a one night stay downtown in mid July to attend 2 soccer matches at Century Link field and then have access to light rail to Sea Tac. We will be driving to Bainbridge Island and leaving our car there. I would prefer having options for bus for one of the jaunts- ferry terminal- hotel- century link field- hotel- light rail station in the morning..

I have been looking around at some options.. need at least 2 queen beds in one room and am on a budget.

Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel downtown- soccer and light rail

Okay, I'm assuming you're going to the July 11th Gold Cup matches at CenturyLink Field? I'm not quite sure I understand why you're leaving your car on Bainbridge Island - maybe an attempt to avoid parking fees in downtown Seattle? Is that on your way to/from where you're traveling? Sounds like a bit of extra hassle & time for saving maybe $30 bucks (about the price of a ferry trip for 4 people).

Metro bus #99 runs a loop in downtown which includes a stop near the ferry terminal. Otherwise most buses through downtown run along 3rd Ave. Link light rail runs between Westlake Center & Seatac airport. Are you catching a flight in the morning?

Please know that July is high season here as it's Summer and the cruise season is in full swing - filling up many downtown hotel rooms. I don't think it's realistic to find a budget room with 2 beds. What's your budget for the night? If you indeed are flying out the next morning, then I would look at finding cheaper accommodations near Seatac & catching Link after the game. I'm guessing the 8:30 game let's out after 11pm.

Metro's Transit (trip planner, route maps & schedules): http://metro.kingcounty.gov

Sound Transit's Link light rail: soundtransit.org/Schedules/…

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel downtown- soccer and light rail

You say you are on a budget - what does that mean? What options have you considered so far?

Northwest US
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel downtown- soccer and light rail

We are from Pt Townsend.. and yes we are going to the Gold Cup Matches.

A hotel near Seatac is the obvious choice but I didn't know where to store our luggage for the However our college son's study abroad summer program has him leaving the next day tfor Spain. at 11 am

Thus the need to figure things out... It just made sense to me to park in Winslow and get to a hotel, drop off our luggage, go to the matches and then back to the hotel. Then do light rail in the am. and we will return via light rail and then hop back on the ferry. We do light rail alot .

I was thinking of Red lion hotel on 5th actually for approx !86

Thanks!

thanks,

Northwest US
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel downtown- soccer and light rail

Thanks for the heads up with summer tourism! We just booked a deluxe queen at the Red Lion on 5th after I chatted with staff re light rail to the match and airport!

As always Trip advisor is great.. even in my backyard...

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel downtown- soccer and light rail

If you can get the Red Lion for that price, then I think you have your answer. In the morning catch Link at Westlake & accompany your son to the airport (buy a round trip ticket).

Coming back from the airport I think you'd want the Pioneer Square Link stop, then walk to the waterfront/Coleman Dock.

I must say that you sound like you already know what you're doing, but just came here for confirmation of your plans!

Edit: I see you already booked a room, so I'm glad you've got it all planned out.

Edited: 13 June 2013, 04:47
6. Re: hotel downtown- soccer and light rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 05:17