We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the food at Safeco Field?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
How's the food at Safeco Field?

We're going to a ball game in July. If the food there is good, I'd love to go early and watch batting practice. If it's just mediocre, we'd probably go somewhere like Elysian Brewing Company before the game. What do you recommend?

1. Re: How's the food at Safeco Field?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 09:53
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the food at Safeco Field?

A couple links about the food at Safeco:

beeradvocate.com/community/…

mynorthwest.com/11/2242367/Safeco-Field-boas…

seattlemet.com/eat-and-drink/nosh-pit/articl…

seattlemet.com/slideshows/…1

seattlemag.com/gallery/…

seattlemag.com/take-me-out-eat-mariners-game

seattleweekly.com/home/946616-129/edgar-play…

From Seattle Weekly (Vol. 38, No. 23) June 5-11, 2013

"Safeco offers more than 76 concession stands, two restaurants, and four members-only lounges. By design, there’s something for everyone, from gluten-free cookies to shrimp Louie to strawberry-Nutella crepes ... Beer options at Safeco run the gamut, from staples like Budweiser and MGD to specialty brews like Elysian Immortal, Men’s Room Red, and McTarnahan’s. While Mariners Director of Public Relations Rebecca Hale says it’s hard to give an average beer price since there are so many to choose from, a 14 oz. domestic runs $6, a 20 oz. micro runs $9.75, and a 16 oz. during happy hour (from the time the gates open until an hour before first pitch) will set you back $5 in The ’Pen. "

There are plenty of food trucks and restaurants around the stadium where you can eat as well if you want some recommendations. Elysian and Pyramid are right there. I like Collins Pub alot. For something more serious pick up lunch at Rain Shadow Meats or Delicatus or Bar Sajor. There is also FX McRory's. A new pub with a lot of taps, Henry's, has just opened as well. It is a Portland bar. They have about 100 taps and food.

washingtonbeerblog.com/henrys-first-ave-tave…

http://www.henrystavern.com/index.php

www.henrystavern.com/location-seattle-WA.php

Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the food at Safeco Field?

That's so helpful! Thanks for all the links (to the ballpark food, and to Henry's). It sounds like I have a few good choices.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the food at Safeco Field?

While of course beer and food are expensive at the ballpark, I very much enjoy the food. They are always developing, improving, and refining it. As klsalas has posted, quite fine beer too. We like the microbrews, and you will find many good options at the smaller taps around the park. It is hard to go to a game without a order (or two!) of garlic fries.

We recently ate the "Hit it Here Cafe" in the ballpark. It was a low attendance, (they all are lately!) weeknight, and we walked right in without reservations. The food was quite decent, prices not too bad, really, and quite a nice beer selection. We sat right on the rail, watched the game for the first few innings, then went to our seats. I would go again.

Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the food at Safeco Field?

Thanks for the information, IslandGirl. The "Hit it Here Cafe" sounds like a lot of fun. I didn't know how busy the ballpark was, in general. It's good to know that this is an option.

6. Re: How's the food at Safeco Field?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:16