We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations

Hi all! Looking for some restaurant recommendations. Can you help me out? I'm not necessarily looking for restaurants that fit all of these criteria, but just want to give you an idea of the type of place I'm looking for.

-Price: Nothing too expensive (under $20 for an entree, under $10 for a drink). Any recommendations for good value eats are appreciated (i.e. lunch menus, Happy Hour, etc.)

-Atmosphere: Nothing romantic or quiet. I like trendy places with a fun, young, lively atmosphere. But not trendy in the uptight, exclusive sense.

-Food: Don't want to go to a meat-centric restaurant. Seafood is ok, but not raw. I like fresh, healthy (at least not super unhealthy), creative food.

-Drinks: I like wine and cocktails (nothing too "artisan" necessary but still want good quality).

-View: Who doesn't like a good view? Patios/rooftops are cool too.

Thanks so much!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Serious Pie, Tom Douglas' pizza joint with inventive concoctions, plus a few other items; nice wine and beer choices; Pike Place Chowder -- the one at Pacific Place -- features a broad seafood menu in addition to several chowders; Ristorante Machiavelli features "home-style" Italian menu with good wine and beer selections. For drinks, Oliver's bar at the Mayflower Park Hotel -- the bartender regularly tops the city's annual martini competition. A wide variety of martinis plus plenty of other very well-made cocktails.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Thank you for these ideas. : )

Level Contributor
34,723 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Check out Happy Hour at Six Seven @ the Hotel Edgewater. Beautiful views! :)

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Read posts by klsalas. There is too much to list. I think he might be updating traveler articles on this.

5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:17