We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Stores

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Stores

Looking for wine stores in the downtown/Belltown area to buy Washington/Oregon wines.

Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Stores

Pike and Western

Cost Plus

The Tasting Room in the PP market

Delaurenti in the PP Market

Soul Wine on Westlake

6th Avenue Wine Seller in Pacific Place

Downtown Spirits - large store, on 7th near Denny

In addition, grocery stores are a good option; i.e.; Whole Foods in the Pan Pacific Center, Metropolitan Market near Seattle Center.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Stores

IG's list seems pretty definitive. I haven't used CostPlus at the North end of Pike Place Market or 6th Avenue Wine Seller at Pacific Place in a long time. I have never been to Soul Wine or Downtown Spirits.

I tend to buy most of my wine from north Seattle locations nowadays but I know Pike and Western, DeLaurenti, and the Tasting Room (all in Pike Place Market) well.

The Tasting Room is a shared tasting room for several small Washington winemakers. http://tastingroomseattle.com/

For a larger variety of winemakers Delaurenti and Pike and Western will both work. Neither exclusively sells NW wines or has a comprehensive or definitive selection of Washington and Oregon wines, but both have very well chosen selections. I will say that I have always valued the expertise and advice of the folks at Pike and Western. They were instrumental in my early wine education. Pike and Western has been around since 1975. The business came into being from the owner's involvement in the effort at the time to save Pike Place Market and really their initial focus was to promote what was then a wine industry in its infancy.

Really it is not an either/or proposition. P&W and Delaurenti are at opposite sides of the market so a day at the market will naturally take you past both shops. The Tasting Room is directly up hill from P&W. Take Virginia up hill towards 1st Avenue. Halfway up turn right into Post Alley. You will see it.

Metropolitan Market is also a good recommendation if you are going to be up at Seattle Center. I shop there periodically and they have a good selection.

Oh ... I have one other recommendation. That is Champion Cellars. They are at 1st and Denny close to the SW corner of Seattle Center (Pacific Science Center). They have been in business since 1969 and say that they have the first retail wine license in Washington (previously private stores could not sell wine -- only state stores could). Really they are primarily a store that focuses on French wines but most major wine regions around the world are represented and they will have a solid selection of NW wines.

Level Contributor
47,167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Stores

I was coming to chime in, because I love wine, but the two posts again have every one I know about already covered! Welcome to Seattle, suze

4. Re: Wine Stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 07:17