We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

I'll be travelling to Seattle this August, and though I've been there once before for a day trip with family, I wasn't able to experience the city as I wanted. So I am returning for 2 days before heading to Vancouver. My question is, how safe would it be for me to go to a bar? I'm probably not planning to stay out till 2am, but I'd love to see some live music and have a beer or two. I am looking to book my hotel within walking distance to Pike Place Market, any suggestions for live music within walking distance from there?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

Here is a guide to live music venues around town.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c176204/Seattl…

There are plenty in the heart of downtown. I am assuming you are talking about pop, rock, roots etc. and not jazz.

The Hard Rock Seattle is very close to Pike Place Market and has regular live music. The Showbox, also very close to that area has regular shows in a bigger venue. It is one of Seattle's classic venues. The Paramount and Moore have less frequent offerings. The Triple Door is a great stepped, sit down venue with an eclectic calendar. The Highway 99 Blues Club down on the waterfront does blues but also rockabilly and country.

In Belltown, just north of Pike Place Market, the Crocodile is another classic venue. They have a packed calendar with some really great bookings. The Rendevouz/ Jewel Box Theater is another good option in Belltown. Those are the places most easily walkable from a hotel around Pike Place Market.

There is crime downtown and I would be careful out late around Pike and also in Belltown and Pioneer Square but staying on main well lit streets with late night dining and nightlife crowds I don't see major risk. Let us know when you have specific dates and a specific hotel and we can give you more specific suggestions.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,926 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

Crocodile and Tula's are two live music venues near-ish the Pike Place Market. Do you know where you'll be staying yet?

Yes I think it is OK to go out for a few drinks and see music alone. But like anywhere, don't drink too much, don't ever leave a drink unattended, be reasonably cautious about who you talk with, and don't go off with anyone. And maybe wrap it up before midnight, don't be around for last call and when the bar people pour out onto the street. That's most often, if there is trouble, when it starts.

;) suze

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

Tula's is a jazz club. If you are interested in jazz Dimitriou's Jazz Alley is another option. Both are listed in the article that I linked.

-K

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

Tula's, Jazz Alley will be just fine for you to enjoy music as a single patron. I really like the Triple Door, and they have the best food options too. That would be my choice if it works for your dates. There is seating for the main stage, then the lounge will also have live music some nights. http://www.thetripledoor.net

Not an evening event - but in the summer one of my favorite things to do are the lunch time outdoor (free) summer concerts. Wednesdays and Fridays at various locations.

downtownseattle.com/2013/…

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

Really, I think you'll be fine. Just don't stay out until closing time (1:30am). Follow usual city precautions.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,208 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

Regardless of the hour you can always take a cab back to your hotel. Ask the bar or restaurant to call one for you.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

im coming in Mid September with my daughter and her friend who are 24-25. I am staying at the Red Lion on 5th. Any suggestions? They like more pop rock than anything. Thanks for your input.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,926 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

Look up Seattle Weekly and The Stranger - either a free paper copy when you get here on in advance online. They have complete entertainment listings and they can take a look at see what suits them.

9. Re: 24, Female, Travelling Alone to Seattle...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 05:18