We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel please

Virginia
Level Contributor
214 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel please

I have a reservation for two nights the first week of August at the LaQuinta. There are four of us traveling (2 adults, 2 teens). I'm thinking the LaQuinta may be too far away from everything and is expensive ($245 per night for two queen beds). We will have a rental car with us so need parking as well. Thoughts? Suggestions?

TIA!

UMTerpVA

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel please

There are two LaQuinta Inns in the Seattle area. The one on 188th is near the airport and not convenient to city venues; the one on 8th Ave is just north of the city center (there is one in Bellevue, as well, but I'm ignoring that). See if this helps:

visitseattle.org/Essentials/Seattle-Maps.aspx

then try www.hotels.com.

Edited: 21 July 2013, 23:26
Virginia
Level Contributor
214 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel please

Thank you. I have booked the one on 8th Avenue. Judging by the map on the website you linked to I guess it's not too far out of the way. I will also check hotels.com to see if I can get a better price.

Thank you!

UMTerpVA

Paris, France
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel please

There are a few extended stay hotels on I-90 in bellevue that would be close to downtown, depending on the time, you probably don't want to be on the road at rush hour. Larkspur Landing, Embassy Suites, Silver Cloud maybe.

You could also stay on Mercer Island for less than you are planning to spend at La Quinta. There are some condos/apartments that have rooms available by the night,

Edited: 24 July 2013, 00:52
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
542 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel please

La Quinta is not a bad location, a few blocks further walk than some of the better-located properties, but since it includes free parking I think it sounds like a good deal for you, if you can't find a better deal on hotels.com or one of the other booking sites. With only two days, I would not stay in Bellevue or Mercer Island, you'll spend way too much time in traffic (and hope there are no accidents to really tie things up on the bridge) and then have to pay for parking once you get into town.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hotel please

Price doesn't seem outrageous (Seattle is not cheap) not does the hotel look, offhand, to be too far from attractions. We stayed at the Homewood Suites on Western Avenue and paid a bit more than you're paying, though it was for a large King bed suite with a small kitchen and, supposedly, a bay view (actually did not have a good view and rooms on the bay side were over a busy street while city view rooms-- which may have been cheaper-- were quieter). We walked to the Space Needle, then took the monorail downtown and then walked to the waterfront, near the Pike market, for dinner. Took a taxi from there back to the hotel but could have walked (about a mile). I don't think your hotel is any more out of the way than ours was. Seattle is not cheap.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 18:25
Seattle
Level Contributor
45,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with hotel please

The location is OK. It is to the far outer edge of what most people would consider the downtown core. but close to the street car connection, a Whole Foods market, etc. My objection is the price sounds awful high for the kind of hotel it is.

7. Re: Help with hotel please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:22