We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good schedule for an evening/morning in Seattle?

Pittsburgh
2 posts
Save Topic
Is this a good schedule for an evening/morning in Seattle?

I'm in Seattle for a business trip and I have an evening (about 4:30p onwards) and a morning free (flight is at 2p). I have a couple of options at this point

Option 1:

Evening: Go down to Pike's Place for an hour or two. Catch a ferry over to Bainbridge island and mosy around.

Morning: Columbia Sky View, Seattle Center.

Option 2:

Evening: Pike's Place, Sky View, Seattle Center

Morning: Ferry to Bainbridge.

Is the Seattle Center worth it if I don't have much money to spend?

Is it worth it to basically ride the ferry to Bainbridge and back (maybe grab a bite to eat) since I don't have much time to spend there?

Any suggestions for affordable alternatives to Seattle Center?

thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,295 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
726 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a good schedule for an evening/morning in Seattle?

Pikes Place Market is more of a morning activity than an afternoon one. The stalls start closing up around 3. So go there for your breakfast on the day you go to the airport.

Taking a ferry to Banbridge, having dinner at the pub, and coming back would be a nice way to spend your evening.

The Seattle Center is a pretty area to walk around and there is a large food court with local resturants in the armory building. But if you are just going for pretty views, you might prefer the Olympic Sculpture Park, which is free.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,295 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Olympic Sculpture Park
Olympic Sculpture Park
1,000 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a good schedule for an evening/morning in Seattle?

What days of the week will you have free? How are you getting the airport?

Yes, the vendors at the market generally close down by 5 or 6pm, so evening isn't the best time to visit. Some shops & most restaurants are open later, but you'll miss out on many things and parts of the market are closed off for the evening. For pretty views of Elliott Bay, Mt Rainier, Alki, arriving & departing ferries, etc. visit Victor Steinbrueck Park which is just West of the market. http://goo.gl/maps/ZBipP

Seattle center is basically a 74 acre park which was the site of the 1962 World's Fair. You might visit the Space Needle, EMP, Chihuly Garden & Glass museum, the Armory food court for dinner. Sunset views from either the Space Needle or the return ferry from Bainbridge (views of the downtown skyline) will be nice (if you can time it properly & the weather cooperates).

I personally wouldn't want to be taking a ferry the morning before my flight.

Mentioned in this post
Alki Beach
Alki Beach
877 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,295 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Space Needle
Space Needle
14,829 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a good schedule for an evening/morning in Seattle?

Go to the Pike Place Market in the morning.

Take the Bainbridge ferry in the evening.

Mentioned in this post
Pike Place Market
Pike Place Market
17,625 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Pittsburgh
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this a good schedule for an evening/morning in Seattle?

Thanks everyone. This was very helpful. I'll do Bainbridge that evening, and Pike Place and maybe the sky view in the morning. That should give me enough time to get to the airport.

5. Re: Is this a good schedule for an evening/morning in Seattle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 05:16