We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direction of travel?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Direction of travel?

I'll be flying in to seatac on June 25, and out on July 8. I'm planning on visiting ncnp (3/4 nights), ONP (3 nights just south of port Angeles), ( 2 nights in southwest ONP area) and MRNP. Taking into consideration: traffic, weather and minimizing time on the road, what's the most efficient, productive way to travel between the parks, clockwise?

Possible to see orcas from shore from drive between marble mount and port Angeles?

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direction of travel?

No, you won't see orcas, and I don't understand what you mean by seeing them from the shore between Marblemount and Port Angeles, as most of this route is not along the shore. I also cannot make sense of your plans in and around ONP. What do you mean by just south of Port Angeles? Lake Dawn? What do you mean "southwest ONP area"?

Could you be more specific about your intended destinations? Just to be clear: it is very rare that anyone sees orcas from the shore. The two places that you are most likely to see them from the shore are Lime Kiln Park in the San Juan Islands and Tofino on Vancouver Island.

2. Re: Direction of travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 12:41
Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direction of travel?

He likely means 3 or 4 nights in NCNP.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direction of travel?

North Cascades National Park.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direction of travel?

Any way you can postpone your trip for a month? Late June is way too early for mountains around here.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,626 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direction of travel?

By Southwest Olympic do you mean Lake Quinault?The direction is dependent on where you are staying your first night in Olympic. No matter what your route your chances of seeing orcas from land are almost non existent.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Direction of travel?

Yes, the lake quinault area, unless Forks or some other area gives convenient access to beaches and rainforest.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Direction of travel?

Unfortunately, it's too expensive to change our flights.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,626 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direction of travel?

My advise would be to cut a night in the Noth Cascades and add it to Olympic, given you are a little early for the mountains and given the size of Olympic. If you are starting in Marblemont and finishing at Rainier this is what I would do. Marblemont to Port Angeles to Quinault to Rainier.

10. Re: Direction of travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:19