We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advice Please

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stroup
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Trip Advice Please

My husband and I are planning on driving up the coast from Reno to Portland and Seattle this week, however we have been hearing that the weather this coming week is going to be very rainy in these areas. I have checked the various weather websites for Seattle and Portland but they are giving conflicting predictions on what the weather will be for the next 7 days. We don't mind some rain, but If it is going to be raining consistently all week, we are thinking about cancelling our trip. Any thoughts on what the weather conditions will be during this next week and if we should go ahead and make our trip as planned or cancel it because of excessive rain.

Mercer Island...
Level Contributor
178 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advice Please

I think if you want to do the Seattle area without rain, you need to plan a trip sometime other than in October. You can pretty much count on it raining in Seattle during the fall. My husband and I have a saying -- it's not raining; it's misty and romantic. :) But seriously, Seattle isn't known as the Emerald City for nothing. All that green has to be watered at some point, and it's pretty much October through May.

Having said that, the rain has been pretty intense this week and I think September has been one of the wettest on record. What you really want to watch for is the wind. We've been getting 50 mph gusts the past couple of days but it looks like it's subsiding in the coming week.

stroup
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advice Please

Thank you for your response.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,443 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advice Please

I still think we will get some decent Autumn weather, but not this week.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advice Please

It has calmed down and this week looks really decent. It is cool (highs upper 50's, maybe low 60's Saturday, and lows ranging from 40 to 50) and mixed clouds and sun.

Keep in mind that national parks along the way are currently all closed due to the shutdown.

http://www.nps.gov/shutdown/index.html

doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/upload/NPS-FAQ.pdf

-K

5. Re: Trip Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:18