We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outside of Seattle Attractions

Springfield, MA
Level Contributor
106 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Outside of Seattle Attractions

Coming to Seattle next week with my family (husband, 4 year old and 5 month old). We were planning to try to get to Mt. Rainier for a day trip if possible, but have realized that all of the national parks are closed. Any suggestions for a day trip out of the city that would be worthwhile for us?

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Outside of Seattle Attractions

Snoqualmie Falls, east of the city (access from I-90); Whidbey Island (go up I-5 to highway 20). Take a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island, walk to its little downtown, then ride back for great views of the city. Go to Seattle Center (which is up by the Space Needle, not in the center of the city). Ride the monorail.

Springfield, MA
Level Contributor
106 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outside of Seattle Attractions

Thanks for the information - I will absolutely look into those the places you recommend and see what we can squeeze in.

3. Re: Outside of Seattle Attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 06:18