We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks, Seattle!

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ozark, Missouri
Level Contributor
507 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks, Seattle!

My husband and I spent the first weekend of October in your beautiful city before heading on to Vancouver. It was our third time visiting Seattle and we agreed it was our favorite visit yet. A summary:

Mayflower Park Hotel: I got an exceptional rate through Priceline's Express Deals and we could not have been happier with the location and room quality. Oliver's lounge was warm and welcoming and Andaluca's breakfast was outstanding, if a bit pricey.

Weather: Sunday was gloriously beautiful; Monday a bit chillier but still very nice. It was still in the high 80's here at home when we left so cooler, fall-like temps felt great to us.

Activities: On Saturday, we arrived late in the day and had dinner at the Virginia Inn. The food and service were terrific. This place goes on our short list for next time.

We really only had Sunday to see much so we just ambled around while my husband took hundreds of photos. (Not an exaggeration.) We got to the market in time to see things open up for the day; we had pastries and coffee and walked to the sculpture garden. That is new since our last visit and we thoroughly enjoyed the park and the great vistas. Then it was on to Seattle Center where hubby got some great photos and we ate a quick lunch in the food court there. We really enjoyed watching families play in the fountain--that was something we had not seen on previous visits. After that, we took the monorail back downtown and picked up the rental car that my husband would need the next day.

We used the car to get to Gasworks Park--what a great place on a sunny Sunday! We then stumbled upon Dick's Hamburgers and had a cheap, fun meal with lots of other folks out on a perfect evening. Then it was on to Kerry Park for sunset photos where we happened to witness a marriage proposal. (She said yes.) Finally, long after dark, we drove over to Alki Beach for some skyline photos. The next day, my husband went to Bellevue for a business appointment and I walked through the impressive Central Library. We used the remaining hours with the car to explore various neighborhoods around Seattle. I decided I should definitely be living in Walingford. We left Seattle in the evening on an Amtrak train bound for Vancouver. Seattle's train station is stunning! Some of the best photos of the trip were taken there.

Seattle remains one of our favorite cities to visit. We will be back.

Level Contributor
34,226 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks, Seattle!

Glad you enjoyed your time in Seattle and had nice weather during your visit. How fun to witness a marriage proposal during your visit. Thanks for the trip report here. :)

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks, Seattle!

Love Dick's! A deluxe, fries and a shake, a guilty pleasure :-)

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks, Seattle!

We're pretty happy with the restored train station! It has been underway for years. I particularly like that the big clock tower works again.

Good job fitting a lot into two days! Wallingford calls....

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks, Seattle!

Nice trip report! Thanks for posting. You did a LOT in a short period of time. Yes Wallingford is one of our many great neighborhoods to live. We (here on the forum) will have to remember to recommend Dick's to visitors more often... it's a Seattle institution! suze

5. Re: Thanks, Seattle!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:19