We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct. weather

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
217 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Oct. weather

Any advice on OCT. weather

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,894 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct. weather

it can be anything from wonderfully clear and crisp to rainy and nasty. It won't be very col\d maybe 50's or in that range. Very hard to predict fall weather. Many times its pretty nice till novembetr.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oct. weather

Seattle weather is tricky to predict with any accuracy and I'd say October one of the trickiest...

Especially the beginning sometime is still beautiful and warm, if we have a long "indian summer". If you're talking the end, I've seen Halloween's cold and rainy or even a dusting of snow (rare but possible). Often it is a crisp and clear month, sunny and breezy cool fall weather. But could be overcast, gray and drizzly for a week.

Seattle's just like that... a typical cartoon showing the 5-day weather forecast most anytime of year will have illustrations with the sun, clouds, and rain all in every box.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
338 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oct. weather

Agreed. It may still be fairly warm the beginning of October (we do get occasional indian summers) but typically by the end it's cold and often raining. I'd suggest packing for rain (either bring a travel umbrella or hat/hood) and layers. Also consider two pairs of shoes so that if one gets soaked (not likely but possible) they'll have a day to dry out.

4. Re: Oct. weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 01:15