We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in Seattle in August - which part to stay in?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Level Contributor
154 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in Seattle in August - which part to stay in?

My wife and I will be in Seattle for 3 nights in August before flying back to UK.

I liked the idea of a houseboat but understand you can't get these for vacation rentals - is that correct?

The alternative is to rent an apartment or similar. Where's a nice laid back part of the city to base ourselves - with some nice restaurants, cool places to wander etc?

Thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in Seattle in August - which part to stay in?

Hi Geoff!

Seattle is very walkable. But you might look here on TA under vacation rentals and look into the Queen Anne or perhaps Capitol Hill neighborhoods.

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g60878-Revie…

-Karl

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in Seattle in August - which part to stay in?

Downtown is best, unless you have a particular reason to be located elsewhere. Seattle has excellent transportation options (buses, trolleybuses, streetcars, light rail, monorail, etc.), plus the downtown area is fairly compact and very walkable, so there should be no need for a car.

If you can't find a houseboat rental, you might consider a waterfront or waterside hotel:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60878-d100567-…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60878-d268228-…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60878-d123022-…

The latter hotel should have views of Lake Union's houseboats.

Edited: 26 December 2013, 03:37
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights in Seattle in August - which part to stay in?

Yes, I would agree, Downtown is also good, I shouldn't have omitted it. Good tips! -K

Edited: 26 December 2013, 04:01
Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights in Seattle in August - which part to stay in?

The Shoreline Management Act eliminated vacation rentals on houseboats. That said, if you go to vrbo.com or airbnb.com there are a couple houseboat and boat rentals for visitors.

For a short stay, most visitors like staying in or near downtown. Some vacation rentals require a 1 week stay, others do not. Take a look at the options from Sea Sky rentals, as they have several options in downtown condo buildings that are quite convenient for visitors. VRBO and airbnb also have many vacation rentals, but do be aware of the location, as there are some that are not well located or near transit.

http://seatoskyrentals.com/

5. Re: 3 nights in Seattle in August - which part to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:17