We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Fransisco & Sonoma to Seattle - Road Trip

Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
San Fransisco & Sonoma to Seattle - Road Trip

My boyfriend and I are planning a road trip for the end of May, traveling from San Fransisco and Sonoma CA area then on to Seattle WA.

What is the best route? We have about three days to make the drive; will need three nights of lodging along the route; would like to see the coastal road but also want to be efficient with time spent driving.

What stops should be made? Red Wood forest, vineyards, coastal road, bed & breakfasts, etc.?

We enjoy exercising and being outside.

We enjoy non-commercial restaurants and lodging (more authentic, quaint, unique, local, exciting)

We enjoy wine tasting and experienceing good food.

We are planning on doing further research, but need some direction to start...any advice will help.

Thank you!

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,372 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Fransisco & Sonoma to Seattle - Road Trip

Make sure you post on the road trip forum.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,996 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Fransisco & Sonoma to Seattle - Road Trip

I recommend one night in Crescent City area (if you get an early start out of Sonoma County; otherwise look at staying in Eureka/Arcata/Trinidad area first night). Second night in Yachats or Newport. Third night in Portland --via Lincoln City and McMinnville (Willamette wine district). This will hit all the items on your list.

3. Re: San Fransisco & Sonoma to Seattle - Road Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:19