We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations of areas to stay

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations of areas to stay

My husband and I are flying in from Australia on May 18th. Staying in Seattle for 5 days then planning on taking the Clipper Ferry to Victoria. Looking at booking apartments through Airbnb (never booked through this company before) We dont mind walking but we wish to be in a safe area and have easy access to transportation. I am looking at apartments/lofts in Capitol Hill, Central District (Minor another name used) or a place in a apartment block called Virginian in Belltown.

Do we need to purchase our Ferry Tickets on line or when we arrive in Seattle?

Any information will be helpful, thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
886 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations of areas to stay

It is difficult to say how 'safe' the Capitol Hill or Central District (CD) apartments are - both names can cover a variety of areas with good and/or bad aspects. I personally would go for Cap Hill over the CD.

The location of the Virginian looks great. Belltown is very urban, and some areas can have nightife problems, but that location is good. I don't know anything about the apartments themselves. It is an easy walk from there to most downtown attractions, or a quick bus ride.

For ferry tickets, you can by online in advance or on the day - same price. If you buy in advance you can by pass any ticket lines. The online tickets are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. Just remember to print and bring with you. Water taxi tickets can only be bought in person.

Edit: I see you meant Clipper Tickets. Ignore the above para, that is for washington state ferry tickets.

Edited: 01 February 2014, 18:38
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations of areas to stay

Capitol Hill is going to be your best bet. There is nothing wrong with the CD (I grew up there and have been walking the streets alone since 1st grade), but it is slightly further away from the action. In general, Seattle is a pretty safe city, with standard bigger city nuisances/dangers. I would advise against Belltown mainly due to the nightclub scene (I'd take the CD over Belltown, too).

Yes, do buy the clipper tickets in advance. They end up being cheaper than day of.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations of areas to stay

Thank you for your information.

Glad you said Capitol Hill, the best apartments are in that area.

Will book our Clipper Tickets.

Can't wait for our stay in your city.

4. Re: Recommendations of areas to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:20