We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi time Seatac to Downtown

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi time Seatac to Downtown

How much time would a taxi take at 11am on a Tuesday? A net source is saying 22-25 min which seems optimistic to me

I am asking because I will be squeezed for time next week

Thank You

Kingston, Washington
Level Contributor
154 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi time Seatac to Downtown

Sounds about right. Traffic at that time should be okay.

Also consider saving money and taking the Link light rail. It leaves Seatac every 10-15 minutes at that time of the day and takes you right downtown.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,836 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi time Seatac to Downtown

link from the airport takes 37 minutes plus waiting time for the train plus about 10 minutes to walk to the station. For what you're asking a taxi works Best.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi time Seatac to Downtown

The cabs can use the HOV lanes, so except at rush hour traffic isn't a huge concern. Twenty minutes will be about right, depending on where in "downtown" you're heading. Last mile and all that.

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,078 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi time Seatac to Downtown

I think 25 mins. is correct unless there's an accident or construction or something. Light Rail takes a good 40 mins. so not a practical alternative here.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi time Seatac to Downtown

Thank you for the welcoming information

If my flight lands early, I will consider the light rail,because after walk time it would be 25 min longer.

6. Re: Taxi time Seatac to Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18