We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 different hotel choices

Superior, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
2 different hotel choices

We are NOT looking for a vacation hotel. Rather, we will need a hotel within walking distance from the Virginia Mason Med Center on Seneca, preferably an economical one for 2-5 days.

We will also need a hotel/condo in the Green Lake area for approx. 1-3 wks.

Both of these will be for mid May.

Thank you.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 different hotel choices

http://www.innatvirginiamason.com/

The only hotels fairly close to Green Lake are a bunch of places on SR 99 - Aurora Avenue - that are in rather sketchy environments.

I'd have a look at VRBO or other house rental sources - vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…seattle or else look at places near the University.

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
536 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 different hotel choices

For your time at Virginia Mason you should check out the Inn at Virginia Mason which is connected to the hospital. The Baroness Hotel is also on the campus. I'm not sure of the price but it couldn't be more convenient. The Homewood Suites by Hilton and Crowne Plaza Hotel are both close but downhill which means a walk up a fairly steep hill. The Silver Cloud Hotel-Broadway is about about a half mile away and may be cheaper. You could ride the bus if it's too far.

Good luck!

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 different hotel choices

Silver Cloud Broadway is the closest hotel to where you want to be.

I'm not aware of any hotels in the Greenlake area (other than the no-tell mo-tels along Aurora Ave as previously mentioned but I doubt you want to stay there). There are a few hotels in the University District (U-district) that are probably the nearest location.

suze

Superior, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 different hotel choices

Thank you so much for the help. I will contact the places you suggested.

Superior, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 different hotel choices

Thank you. I would like to go on vrbo.com, but not being terribly familiar with Seattle, I'm not willing to be too far from the Green Lake/Finny (?) area. Any suggestions. Most of the vrbo sites offer a lake view, etc. I'm more concerned with the location. I may try airbnb as well.Thank you.

Superior, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 different hotel choices

Very helpful reply. I will contact the Inn at Virginia Mason and the others listed. I believe we have stayed at a Silver Cloud in Seattle. Thank you very much.

7. Re: 2 different hotel choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:15