We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July in Seattle-advice??

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July in Seattle-advice??

We have booked the La Quinta in downtown Seattle for the weekend of July 4th. Our daughter is joining us July 3rd, arriving from Portland. NONE OF US HAVE BEEN TO SEATTLE!!!

We would like to see a fireworks show, and from the reviews that I've read, the Gas Works Park show is the best, and Bellevue is a close second. I looks like the Gas Works Park is a good walk from our hotel.

Parking appears to be a problem for events around Seattle, and downtown Seattle looks like it has REAL parking problem. The La Quinta is supposed to have parking for guests.

HELP! What would you suggest for the 4th? How do we get there? (we'll have car). What else is a must see? I want to ride the monorail and don't care where it goes, just a ride. I think that I can catch it near the Space Needle and do a round trip. We were going to go up in the Needle to watch the fireworks and have dinner, but it is pretty expensive for food. So we're back to plan 1, go to a festival. The Gas Works has reserved seats for $25 which are SUPPOSED to have a good view of the fireworks. My concern is how to we get there AND how do we get back to our hotel?

What is must see?? Should we try to drive an catch a ferry to one of the islands? We leave Sunday, July 6th for a cruise.

T-in-Dallas

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Gas Works Park
Gas Works Park
781 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Bellevue
Bellevue
Washington
Space Needle
Space Needle
14,809 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July in Seattle-advice??

isitseattle.org/Essentials/Seattle-Maps.aspx

These maps might help.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,082 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July in Seattle-advice??

Turn left out the door of the La Quinta and walk to the corner (Blanchard) then 1/2 a block down to Westlake, where the Lake Union Streetcar stops. Ride the streetcar to the South Lake Union Park (next to the Museum of History and Industry - worth a visit - and join the throngs waiting for the fireworks, which go off over the lake. Gasworks Park is on the north shore, and you don't want to go anywhere NEAR it.

You should familiarize yourselves with the streetcar - it will be the most convenient way to get downtown. http://www.seattlestreetcar.org/slu.htm

Edited: 12 May 2014, 23:15
Mentioned in this post
Lake Union
Lake Union
237 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Museum of History & Industry
Museum of History...
730 Reviews
Seattle, WA
3. Re: 4th of July in Seattle-advice??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 07:16