We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing customs during Clipper ferry

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Clearing customs during Clipper ferry

I am taking the clipper to Victoria from Seattle on Saturday May 24th. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about the deboarding process in Victoria. Does it take a long time to get through customs and show your passport? Is there a good spot to try to sit on the ferry to minimize the time? I am going on a tour directly from arriving in Victoria and do not want to miss it.

Also, how far in advance should I plan on being at the ferry station in Seattle and Victoria?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearing customs during Clipper ferry

If you sit near the back you'll get off faster. Usually they disembark on the right hand side of the boat, so try to sit on the right hand side of the boat near the back. They disembark in 2 groups - first group is people with no checked luggage & the 2nd group is people who have checked luggage. So if you don't have any checked luggage you'll get off faster.

I would say a hour ahead is plenty of time to be at the ferry terminal.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,256 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearing customs during Clipper ferry

You'll find more info about check-in and boarding here: www.clippervacations.com/check-in-boarding/

Edited: 14 May 2014, 18:55
3. Re: Clearing customs during Clipper ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:17