We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

downtown hotels pioneer sq?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
108 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
downtown hotels pioneer sq?

I have two hotels in pioneer sq. i am looking at. How is this area and is transportation to link and rail?

Is it central and safe?

how far to space needle and market.

Thanks

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

Why not tell us the hotel names?

You can Google Map distances between points that you wish to see from any hotel. Pike Place Market is walk-able but you can bus or cab. I'd bus/cab to the Seattle Center for the Space Needle, though you can walk it through the downtown retail and commercial core.

I'd not recommend staying in Pioneer Square. Are you traveling alone?

Why are you mentioning "link and rail"; are you using either one from somewhere? Within Seattle, they won't be your best transportation, bus/cab/feet will.

Edited: 30 June 2014, 21:20
Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

This is my default reply to such questions: visitseattle.org/Essentials/Seattle-Maps.aspx

Google Maps is a great tool for time and distance...you can select bus, car (taxi), or walking.

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
108 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

i'll be with my wife and we will coming from the irport.

Is the walk to the space needle safe. We walk all the time.

Thanks

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

I wouldn't do it after midnight, but with that caveat the walk is perfectly safe.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,528 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

While Pioneer Square is ok I'd question staying there for a few days. If you moved to more of the central business district where most other hotels are located your closeness to attractions and transit increase significantly. PSQ is now mostly old bldgs, bars and the sports stadium. You'd be far better staying closing to downtown in my opinion. Look on top right for 'where to stay in SEattle?'

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,378 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

Depends on what you're used to. (I work in Pioneer Square, I'm sitting here right now).

I will assume you're asking about Best Western Pioneer Square or Courtyard Marriott because those are the only two hotels in Pioneer Square.

The Market is about 1 mile away. The Space Needle/Center about 2 miles away.

The Light Rail is right here (I'm not sure what you mean by "link" and "rail") use the Pioneer Square stop.

All that said, there are a LOT of homeless people around this area. I consider it safe. But it is not where I'd stay as a visitor. I would chose a more central hotel (in the downtown core, so further north from PS).

suze

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

I can think of a dozen Seattle area hotels I would stay at before I'd stay in Pioneer Square. I've shopped there for decades and walked there at night after Mariner's games but it is just not the nicest or most centrally located part of town for most visitors. I'd rather look at the lights on 4th and 5th Avenue ( Westin or Mayflower Park or The Roosevelt) or the green of Lower Queen Anne and the Space Needle (The Maxwell, Mediterranean or Inn At Queen Anne) or Lake Union (Silver Cloud Lake Union)

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,378 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

Agreeing with everyone above, is there some specific reason you have chosen Pioneer Square for your hotel location?

suze

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

All things considered, there are better hotel locations. If Pioneer Sq is your only choice, I prefer the Marriott or the Arctic Club-Doubletree over the Best Western.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: downtown hotels pioneer sq?

We're staying at the Arctic Club for 3 nites next week. How safe is it to use the Pioneer Square link rail station between 7pm-10pm to go towards Seattle Center for downtown restaurants? Or, given the homeless population near Pioneer Sq would we be best to take a cab?