We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cranleigh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

I am planning a visit to Seattle this August to tie in with the Blue Jays series against the Mariners. I am travelling from the UK, so will be staying a week to 10 days to make the trip worthwhile.

I am a single female traveller, so want to stay in a good neighbourhood, and somewhere that is easily accessible after the evening games, however as I will be spending the majority of my time sightseeing, I also want to be within easy reach of the main sights.

My budget is relatively flexible - maximum $200 per night.

Also, any recommendations on best tickets for Safeco Field would be greatly appreciated, along with any general information that I might find useful for my stay.

Thanks!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,903 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

welcome to the forums. On top right you will read 'where to stay in Seattle.' That will give you a good overview. Of course August is the heart of our busy tourist season so prices are pretty high. You may wish to look on certain sites such as hotwire.com or

hotelcoupons.com.

They often have hotels near the Space Needle while not as 'convenient' in being right downtown would be doable. The stadium is on the fringe of downtown so easy to get to by bus. Seattle is pretty safe so I wouldn't be overly worried about safety. Post if you have any questions once you find a hotel you find in the price range.

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

You will find this helpful: visitseattle.org/Visitors/…Seattle-Maps.aspx

On the left side, Under Visitors, click on Discovery. You might want to click on Stay, as well.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

I am going to be in town for the Jays series as well. I was shocked at the prices of hotels .... Not sure if it's due to the number of people who come down from BC to see the jays or something else going on but it certainly seems like peak demand. I bid name your price on Priceline up over $200 for 3.5 star or greater with no luck for pike, space needle and financial district. Somebody ended up getting us a corporate rate at the Sheraton for $185 but we were probably looking at $250ish otherwise.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

It's a little thing called supply and demand and the summer-long height of the tourist season in a town with much to see. I don't think our Canadian friends are flooding the town solely for a baseball game. :)

Edited: 20 July 2014, 17:11
Cranleigh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

Thanks all. I think I have found a decent deal at the Motif. Not cheap, but the best that I seem to be able to do - worth it for what I hope will be a once in a lifetime experience. Am hoping to get it all booked tomorrow and get some decent tickets for the games too.

For sightseeing, I'm planning on getting a CityPass as have only seen positive reviews for it. Have had a good look around the forums for other tips, so hope I'll be able able to make the most out of my stay.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

We are coming down for the Mariners Sunday labour day weekend. Hear you about hotel prices!! The old supply and demand.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

We may stay at the Hapton on 5th again.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

Actually, thousands of Canadians will be going to Seattle for the baseball game against the Toronto Blue Jays. We only have one team in Canada so people from The provinces of BC, Alberta and Sask travel down to Seattle each year. Canadians fill half the stadium!

9. Re: Seattle Visit - Best Hotel for Sight-Seeing and Safeco Field

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:15