We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Washington - Seattle, Olympic, Mt. Rainier

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Washington - Seattle, Olympic, Mt. Rainier

My husband, college age son, and I will be traveling in early August for our first visit ever to the area. We'll be in Seattle for three days.

I'm looking for a little advice:

- We'll arrive in Seattle early in the morning of our first day there and not be able to check into the hotel until late afternoon. We'll be tired from a very, very, very early trip to the airport. Any suggestions on relaxing, but worthwhile activities for this first day?

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Washington - Seattle, Olympic, Mt. Rainier

What is the connection between your title and your question?

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Washington - Seattle, Olympic, Mt. Rainier

Oops, I put my "parks" questions in separate forums rather than including them all in one which was my original intention. First time using these forums and I've already messed up. My apologies!

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Washington - Seattle, Olympic, Mt. Rainier

Perhaps a soothing ferry ride to Bainbridge Island? It is 35 minutes each way.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
90 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Washington - Seattle, Olympic, Mt. Rainier

You could take your pick from any of these recommendations linked below. Also, although all hotels put a check in time of late afternoon, it is often possible to check in earlier; just depends on their occupancy levels the night before.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c2242/Seattle:…

Edited: 15 July 2014, 18:31
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,394 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Washington - Seattle, Olympic, Mt. Rainier

Welcome to Trip Advisor. It takes some getting used to when you first start out, but I don't think I could plan a vacation without it! I will suggest you add a location to your profile. Its very helpful for the rest of us if we know where you are coming from - we can anticipate things that you might find different from your home location and advise accordingly.

Even if you can't actually check in, you should definitely be able to leave your luggage with your hotel. You might even want to contact your hotel and confirm that you can leave your luggage with them in the morning.

I think getting out on the water is a great idea. Either just a ferry ride or a mini-day cruise.

6. Re: First time to Washington - Seattle, Olympic, Mt. Rainier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:16