We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants, Staying in University Area (Silver Cloud)

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
526 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants, Staying in University Area (Silver Cloud)

Hi

I will be there in 1.5 weeks and haven't had a chance to do my usual foodie searches. We are staying in the University Area at the Silver Cloud Inn, as my husband is attending a conference.

Where do you recommend we eat? We love Seafood, Sushi, Farm to Table, French, Italian. We like to seek out great restaurants.

This is our first trip to seattle, but we will be back again in October, so if it is too late for us to snag a table this round, what is your tip for next time.

Thanks in advance

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants, Staying in University Area (Silver Cloud)

Will you have access to a car?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants, Staying in University Area (Silver Cloud)

The area around the UW caters to college students on a budget. Your options there are limited if you are looking for a high end meal. Thai Tom is a favorite. Trabant is good for Coffee, and located just across the street. There are decent places to eat, but nothing really fancy.

Further away, there is Aqua Verde, Ivar's (a Seattle classic), Paseo's, and Westward. These would be my choices in the nearest area. Fremont has a good selection of restaurants, and the best thing to do is check yelp to see what is up. 100+ reviews and 4+ stars is going to be pretty good.

3. Re: Best Restaurants, Staying in University Area (Silver Cloud)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:16