We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle Itinerary

schenectady,ny
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Seattle Itinerary

We will arrive in Seattle around 5PM Aug 23rd. Our plan is to rent a car at the airport and drive to Port Angeles that evening and stay at the Port Angeles Days Inn. The following morning we will take the COHO ferry to Victoria and stay 2 nights at the Admiral Inn . While there we plan to do Butchart Gardens,Craigdarroch Castle and possibly Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse. On the 26th take the early morning ferry to Port Angeles and do part of Olympia NP (Hurricane Ridge RD,Olympic Hot Springs RD and Upper HOH RD) before heading to The Best Western Plus-Pioneer SQ. in Seattle. On the 27th and 28th do the Underground,Klondike Gold Rush Museum,The Future of Flight Aviation Center and Boeing tour or the Museum of Flight, Pike Place Market, and the Hiram Chittenden Locks. We leave on a morning flight on the 29th for San Diego. Is this doable or is it too ambitious?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle Itinerary

It's do-able, but short changes you a bit, and each of the areas you mention. That's a real rush to touch on some highlights in each area, with a lot of transit time in between.

The ONP in particular needs more time to simply visit the areas you list, and that's just a sliver of the park. On your route, you may be able to spend some quality time at Hurricane Ridge, but the rest is too much for one day IMO. (kaleberg, please jump in and correct me, I'd like to be wrong about this.)

Victoria is a great, picturesque city for a visit, and I'd say most folks go there as the whole of their visit, that misses out on so much of the beauty of Vancouver Island. If it must be that way, then so be it, we've gone many a time and never left the Victoria environs, but look a bit more at even just the south end of the island from Sooke in the west to Malahat ridge in the east just to get a hint of what more there is. BTW, all the places you mentioned in Victoria and on the Saanich Peninsula are see-worthy to the max. Add View Royale along with Fort Rodd Hill, and Chinatown along with Craigdarroch Castle and you're doing good. :)

You can get to all your Seattle sights in two days, but will be rushing about to do so. Little time to just stop and smell the coffee. Stick to one of the Boeing tours. I've never been on the factory tour (though I have toured the factory in Everett), but go to the Museum of Flight frequently and its top notch. Which one to pick is a future v.s. the past question (and time in transit.)

A couple of alternate approaches: Arrive in Seattle, carless, and book passage in the Victoria Clipper. Arrive in Victoria and follow your itinerary, renting a car for one day for the Saanich excursion, and walk about the other for the downtown sights. If a third day is available here, drive out to Sooke and poke around the area, stroll along Whiffen Spit, hike a bit of the San Juan Marine Trail, visit a beach or two at low tide. Return to Seattle on the Clipper for two days of touring. You would only need a car if you go to the Everett Boeing tour.

This cuts out ONP, but you can come back. :)

Or

Get a car at the airport and head directly to PA and on to Victoria. Return to PA for at least two days to visit what you listed (still too short I think.) Then spend one day in Seattle around the Pike Place Market and maybe the Museum of Flight. (Look at the city guide section for one day itineraries.)

Enjoy your visit. No matter how you schedule it, you'll have a great time!

Edited: 15 August 2014, 21:11
2. Re: Seattle Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 07:16