We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time at a hostel

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time at a hostel

Hi guys,

I'll be in Seattle in a few months and have decided to stay at a hostel. It's something I've wanted to try before, so I decided to just go for it! I was wondering if you have any tips for a first-time hostel guest, or any stories/experiences to share about City Hostel. I've been to Seattle once before, and I'm a female in my 20s traveling alone. Would love any advice you can give!

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,481 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time at a hostel

There's such a range in hostels these days--some are quite luxurious (by hostel standards), others are old school dorm rooms, that general hostel tips probably aren't too useful. Have you looked at reviews for City Hostel?

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time at a hostel

Yeah, all the reviews look great! I'm not too fancy when it comes to accomodations...I've been known to sleep on floors and stay at some pretty cheap motels. I've read I should bring my own lock and things like that.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
665 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time at a hostel

My husband and I were just noticing this place waking around down there the other night. It looks really nice although we didn't see the rooms. We talked to an enployee that was super friendly. You will have a blast. It's a great location with tons of fun bars and restaurants!! No tips for staying at a hostel as I've only done that in Europe when I was much younger.

Edited: 21 August 2014, 05:56
Mukilteo, Washington
Level Contributor
746 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time at a hostel

We've checked out the City Hostel, but didn't stay there. Its located in the middle of Belltown, Seattle's premier downtown location with lots of restaurants and bars all around it. The place looked clean and we were impressed. City Hostel also operates another hostel in the Fremont area of Seattle. It's called Hotel, Hotel.

The only other choice for a hostel in downtown Seattle is the Green Tortoise Hostel right across from the main entrance into Pike Place Market. We checked it out too and though we'd consider staying there, it was quite a bit more run-down and noisy than the City Hostel.

Finally, the City Hostel costs twice what the Green Tortoise does, if price is a consideration (Green Tortoise around $35, City Hostel around $70).

5. Re: First time at a hostel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16