We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Whittier to Anchorage

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Whittier to Anchorage

I am arriving at Whittier on 08/29 by ship. Any local shuttle services to Anchorage? Cost, timings etc. Di I need to book in advance or on arrival.I am staying at Anchorage for a day.

( Not interested in the Alaska Rail at this point because I believe the rail & road runs parallel so the views would be albeit the same I guess. )

NW Ohio
Level Contributor
344 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Whittier to Anchorage

We've booked with Alaskan Leopard tours. For a few $'s less than the ship's direct transfer, we get our transportation, some entertainment and a stop at Portage Glacier. This option came highly recommended on Cruise Critic.

www.alaskanleopard.com/Tours/whittier.htm

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Whittier to Anchorage

Checked with www.alaskatransportation.net

They charge $35 per person for direct transfers(1 1/2 hrs) & $45 for transfer with stops at Portage glacier, Beaver point etc.

3. Re: Transportation from Whittier to Anchorage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 20:18