We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fur Rendevous - where to stay

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgewater
Level Contributor
798 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Fur Rendevous - where to stay

I will be making the trip to Alaska for Iditarod 2008, stay at the Millenium Hotel for this event.

However, I will be coming out 10 days earlier for the Fur Rendevous and am not sure which hotel to choose. My primary interest is to see the Dog Sled events, and I'm not sure where they are held (4th Ave? other?).

Should I book at the Millenium and drive into town? How's the parking and how far from the parking to the races?

Would I be better off booking a hotel in town and walking back and forth? Any suggestions on Hotels? I will most likely be renting a car no matter where I stay.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,245 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fur Rendevous - where to stay

Hi, parking can be difficult in downtown Anchorage right now due to some construction but there is usually enough spaces in the parking garages. Parking is free at the Millenium while most hotels downtown have only pay parking so I'd stay at the Millenium and drive into town for the events you want to see there. The World Championships are on 4th Ave but the route takes the teams through various places in town. It's fun to watch the start and then head out to one or the places to watch to see the teams on the trail. You can walk from any parking downtown to the races in no more than 5 or 6 minutes.,

There are lots of Rondy events in downtown but there are many in other locations as well so a car is handy for getting around to the various venues.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: Fur Rendevous - where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 05:29