We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

middle of the night flights to SFO from ANC

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Walnut Creek, CA
Level Contributor
347 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
middle of the night flights to SFO from ANC

We are a family of 14 going on a cruise to Seward from Vancouver, BC. We need to fly home to various airports on July 4th or 5th and see most of the flights leave at 1 am. We are travelling with a handicapped teen and older parents - don't want to fly to SFO via Las Vegas or LAX. What is the best way to get home after the ship docks in Seward on 7/4? Any insight would be greatly appreciated....

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: middle of the night flights to SFO from ANC

Well, I just spent a few minutes on Alaska Air and saw several fares that left on the 5th - most were red eyes (which is very common up here), there were a few that left in the afternoon - 2:30, 3pm and a few morning ones. Most of these stopped in Seattle, but then went direct to SF.

I know all the cruise folks know (I don't) - I think you can take a bus or take the train from Seward to Anchorage for your flight home. Good luck! :)

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: middle of the night flights to SFO from ANC

I would suggest that you see what your cruise line can do for you as they may have negotiated good fares. Also, they will know what arrangements they have for getting passengers from Seward to Anchorage.

3. Re: middle of the night flights to SFO from ANC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 11:20