We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV Rental

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
RV Rental

A 40 something married couple looking to explore Alaska for a week in July. Planning and looking at RV rental places over and over again, not sure which one to choose. Price is not really a factor, just want one that is clean and works, and when it doesn't I want good customer service.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RV Rental

There is some basic info under Top Questions for Alaska: What do I need to know to rent an RV for Alaska?

That's a good place to start.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RV Rental

Great Alaskan Holidays (GAH) has been highly recommended by numerous people who have posted here. Another one often mentioned favorably is ABC Motorhomes.

Before selecting any company, check them out first with the Better Business Bureau ( http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/ ). Also be sure to ask questions to find out what is included in your rental, and if there are any "hidden" fees (cleaning, etc.)

Here is an older thread with excellent information:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60880-i350-k11169…

Also check out any specials at the websites. I know you said money isn't an issue, but we all like to save when we can, right? Last I heard GAH was still running a special for 30% off, and ABC has a Toursaver.com coupon for 3 free days (but I don't think that was applicable for July, when you're going).

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RV Rental

We will be delivering one of GAH's new vehicles to AK in May, and I understand all their vehicles will be 2009 or 2010. That's about as much guarantee as you can get for a vehicle working - and I know from previous experience with the company, that it will be CLEAN!

4. Re: RV Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 05:16