We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

OK so I had my DL flights set for my March trip in for the Iditarod. Just found out they rescheduled me now to arrive later so as to cause me to be either very late or miss an event on my first night in town.

I'm looking at changing my flight so that I arrive the night before, thereby incurring another night's hotel. I'd prefer to avoid the $100+ room I have for the rest of my trip, so I'm thinking about doing just a one-nighter somewhere cheap and with the shuttle. Ramada Inn has $67 prebuy which would be OK.

Is there something better that I'm not finding?

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,520 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

Yep, mine were changed for March and June too. Fortunately in June I can fly via Salt Lake City since I absolutely must arrive in time to get an off-airport car that day.

That is a great rate. Not sure when you are arriving and if the Ramada has a 24-hour shuttle, You might look at hotwire. They have a 2.5* Boutique with airport shuttle (probably Inlet Towers) that might be nicer than Ramada.

John

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

Thanks John. I did glance at Hotwire last night, but didn't see that one with the airport shuttle.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

Try Priceline too. I got the Extended Stay for $52 including taxes. ($40 bid)

That's a good rate for the Ramada which I'd take anyday over Inlet Towers. My friend just stayed at IT last weekend and it doesn't sound like it's changed, though he was impressed with the breakfast.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

Thanks again! I went ahead and booked at Ramada w/o doing the prebuy. The rate was a couple of bucks more ($71 I think) so to avoid locking in a nonrefundable/no cancelation reservation, I'm good. I wouldn't want to prebuy and then have them do something silly like stop their free airport shuttle (which is worth more than $20-$25 based on the price of a taxi).

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

Timeshare, did you get the Millennium for the rest of your stay? I highly recommend the Millennium since that is the place for the mushers & Iditarod action!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

Nope - my friend and I are at the Hilton at $110/night for most of the time . . . with one night up in Willow (Sunday).

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
799 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

I and a few friends have had bad experiences while staying at the Millennium during Iditarod week. They pretty much fill to capacity, but do not have teh staff and maid service to accomadate it. I've had to "beg" for everything from towels to soap - and made to feel like a big complainer because at 5 pm when there are still no towels in my room, I'm told I'm impatient. One year I had no heat and made numerous complaints only to be told they were booked to capacity and couldn't so anything about it. I went to the front desk one morning with my fozen solid coffee and they thought that was funny - but they still did nothing about it. Another year, there was only one elevator working for the entire place. One of my friends had his insulin thrown out because they thought he left (clothes were still in the closets and drawers).

I do love the bar, restaurants, public areas, Lake Hood, the decor, and the fun of being in the middle of the excitement. But Anchorage has a lot better places to stay than here.

8. Re: Cheap (Clean) Hotel Room w/ Airport Shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2011, 05:19