We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

Which Anchorage hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage in mid March, any good idea of must go and must eat? But not very keen on museum.

Also, and downtown hotel offer free airport and rail station transfer?

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
8,570 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

Not sure what you mean by only the afternoon as you give no times and where you are coming from and going to. Don't know of any downtown hotels that offer free shuttles to the airport. As for the rail station the train leaves for Fairbanks Saturday morning only in March.

A neat place to eat would be the Glacier Brewhouse, but not sure about meals in the afternoon

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

Coz I will be arriving Anchorage at round noon time but will leave Anchorage the next morning, so I have only one afternoon in Anchorage.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
277 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

I agree Glacier Brewhouse is great but if they're not open for lunch Rumrunners is good and so is The Snow Goose and Humpy's. If you're into shopping, downtown is great for that. The Ulu Factory is walking distance if you are downtown, that's interesting.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

When I am in Anchorage I always eat at Arby's at least once.

St Albans
Level Contributor
170 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

The Anchorage Downtown Hotel offers a free airport shuttle that also stops at various places in town

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

The Ramada Inn and America's Best Value have 24/7 free airport shuttle service. I don't know if that extends to the rail station or not.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

My favorites..

http://www.horsetrekkinalaska.com/

Bingo.. maybe get lucky and win some $$ and you can meet lots of natives which sometimes sell handmade jewelry and gifts.

Carl Jr's and Taco Bell... ohh how I'm missing those right now! I've been 2 months without!

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
8,570 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

If you visit the Ulu Factory and purchase one be sure to pack it in your checked baggage and not your carry on. You will need to take a taxi.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

http://www.alaskanative.net/

absolutely the best way to spend an afternoon in Anchorage

10. Re: Only 1 afternoon in Anchorage, any good idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 04:05