We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bear viewing flight out of Anchorage

Ukraine
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bear viewing flight out of Anchorage

Could somebody, please, recommend a day long bear viewing experience that could be originated out of Anchorage? It would be in mid June. Is it essential to make a reservation ahead of time or is it possible to get on a flight on the day of departure (just one person).

Thank you!

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bear viewing flight out of Anchorage

www.flyrusts.com/alaska-bear-viewing.html

We have went twice with Rusts and had great pilots both times. They will know where you need to go and you can always call a few days ahead of time and get updated reports, Day of departure is taking a risk but if they can't take you that day, they may be able to refer you to another that can. Always call one day in advance as they leave early. I might try that early in my trip if you got a good weather day and if you fail, try and make a reservation towards the end of your trip. How many in your party?

note- I do not know how they currently handle security requirements so they may need all travel names in advance of departure, not sure anymore

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bear viewing flight out of Anchorage

I don't think there are any all-day bear trips out of Anchorage in mid-June. But the half-day trip with Rust's mentioned by bluewaterfever should give you a bit more than 3 hours of actual bear-viewing, which should be adequate.

3. Re: Bear viewing flight out of Anchorage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 08:16